I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Crazy Life

This has been a crazy week!  It all started last week....

Let me back up a bit.  I am at times, a forgetful person.  I do things like forget my phone, my purse, shopping lists, to do lists, phone calls etc.  Things like that.  Occasionally I forget to close the sunroof of my car.  Here's the irony...I hardly ever EVER use it!  Here's the rub....We live in the Pacific Northwest, where it rains ALL the time..well not all the time but 6 of the 12 months of the year.

Okay so back to my week. No, I did not leave the sun roof open or the windows down in my car, which I HAVE done and it has rained.  Not just rained a little rain but cats and dogs rained.  Over the course of the 12 years I have owned my car I have done it 3 times.  No biggie right?   Um...

Okay again, back to my story.  Awhile back I spilt some water on the floorboard of the back seat of my car and in the course of mopping it up I noticed that it was pretty WET.  I thought to myself, I haven't left the windows open for over a year, I don't get it.  I left towels out there and went on my merry way.  Then I was reaching into my car to put something in the back seat and happened to notice the floor looking wet, AGAIN!  So I went home and put towels on the floor, again, again...And again thought I had dealt with the problem.  I talked to my hubster and he decided it was time to look into why it kept being wet in spite of not having anything spilt on it or having me leave the windows open in it.  Looking online he decided that maybe it was the sun roof tubing that was plugged and that we would look at it on Saturday.

Saturday rolled around and we got up, had our coffee and took the car up to his mom and brothers shop to look at it.  Well.  One thing led to another and 5 hours later, we had the car down to the metal inside, looking like we needed to take it back to the factory, and found probably 3 gallons worth of water in my car!!! (I bet my gas mileage improves now!). I could go into a long explanation of where we think it was leaking but suffice it to say we think it was the luggage rack.  It took three days of drying but the car is back in our driveway and awaiting a test to see if problem is solved, I'm pretty sure it is.

That leads me to the rest of this crazy week.  We were planning to go to Portland on Sunday for a family event and since my car was beyond soggy, we had to take my hubbys truck,  not much of a city rig but what the heck.  We got to Porland after some fun shopping along the way and got to our motel room my sweet hubby had reserved. He surprised me with the honeymoon suite!  Yes, I LOVE him!!!!!  We hung out with our middle son and his wife, whose life event we were there to attend, and went back to our room, heading to bed around 10:30-11. Around 12:30 the motel phone rings, dragging both of us out of sleep.  I COULD NOT for the life of me figure out what the heck that noise was!  My cell phone rang moments later, which made much more sense to my sleep addled brain, and I answered it to our daughter in law, telling us that she was having contractions and they were on their way to the hospital.  Now I know I hadn't actually said anything about a child birth but that's because it was a scheduled C-section due to a breech baby that they had tried twice to get to turn.  (Not to mention all sorts of semi medieval maneuvers) but that little girl WOULD not turn.  Our little granddaughter, number 10 of the total and number 7 of the girls side of things, decided she was gonna come in her own time! Stinker!  We were up all night with the process and at 5:30 got to meet our little gem, our little granddaughter, Adalind Rose and what a sweet little package!  Bliss!!!!

At around 9:30 we decided we better head back to the coast or we would never make it, we were beyond exhausted!  Neither one of us can remember the ride!   So now my car is dry and put back together, our granddaughter and her mommy and daddy are home from the hospital and we are still worn out!  I don't have room to tell you all the other things that took place this week so far, just too many to list.   I have learned a few things though, Mostly? That 30 plus years of marriage means so many things. To some, it can mean being bored, lonely, frustrated, and sadly, unfulfilled.  To us, to me, it means I get to hang out with my very best friend. He is the most fun human and my sweet heart.  As the years pass he works hard to bless me and show me how much he loves me.  I LOVE doing life with him, even when it's dismantling my car!

No comments: