I have to admit, I love cool bottles and containers. I have been known to buy shampoo or lotion based on the type of bottle or jar it is in!
About five years ago I got a little bit more discretionary about what was IN those gorgeous bottles, jars and containers and had to stop buying most of them. I admit, I went through a bit of a detox and still would wander down the shampoo aisle to see what was being offered. But, alas, most of them are so full of toxins that I just couldn't buy them. Once I know what's in something, it's hard for me to eat it, drink it or put it on my skin or hair. About that time I found a gal who made lotion and I begged her to make me some. Anything...I LOVED it. It was so yummy. A year or so later we went our seperate ways and she got busier and I ended up not getting lotion from her any more. I was desperate. I began to search You Tube for ways to make lotion and after many starts and stops I finally found one that was close to the one that I had been buying for a year or so and began making it. Soon I had other people loving it and wanting to get it from me and a small enterprise was formed.
Bringing me to now...
I am working on starting up an Etsy shop. I love making lotion. The chemistry of it is so much fun and formulating the different oils and butters into a combination that not only smells amazing (oh my goodness have you ever smelled Cocoa Butter?) but feels great on the skin. I am told that my lotion isn't oily or sticky but absorbs very quickly and can be used on the face without fear. That last one I knew since that's where I started with this process, with lotion for my face. I use organic ingredients - after all if I eat mostly organic it makes sense to put organic on my face and body also. I use distilled water (someday I want to formulate a lotion without water in it but haven't gotten that advanced yet). I use what is called an ECOCERT preservative which means it's approved for organic formulations and also use one that is made from Radish Root (!) of all things!!! After all of that, ya wanna know the one thing that has stopped me from doing this whole thing? LABELS!!!! I haven't been able to figure out the label that I want, the whole thing has been overwhelming on that front. I am gaining though and have enlisted help from my daughter and daughter in laws for input, opinions, even Guinea pig stuff! I have great kids!
I'm excited...
No comments:
Post a Comment