I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Gardeny pictures and such!

I absolutely love and adore gorgeous mornings like this one we are having...

you wake up and the sun is shining, the birds are singing and you just KNOW it is going to be a beautiful day.

Growing up in Idaho and then upriver from town a long long ways, I got to have LOTS of those kinds of days. Warm, sunny, enjoyable...Not a care in the world except to play in the water and or enjoy some fresh produce from moms garden or a tree that happened to be bearing fruit.

Yesterday we spent the day doing some chores.  That doesn't sound fun at all except that I love doing chores with my hubby.  All of our married life, going on 29 years next month, we have enjoyed doing yard work or house work or any other kind of working (well, sometimes the super hard manly type work I refuse to do) together.  We often laugh and talk and share and just enjoy each others proximity.  I don't LOVE doing yard work, so doing it with him makes it so much more tolerable and enjoyable, mostly because he is so much fun to spend time with.  Anyway, he washed our travel trailer while I started work on the inside of it.  It had been stored all winter and needed a good cleaning.  I found mousey evidence ALL OVER that trailer and spend a lot of time washing, disinfecting, wiping down and vacuuming up.  It is beginning to look pretty good again!  I even found a baby mousey in a bowl in one of the cupboards...Um, yeah, I did the girlie thing and screamed then reasoned with myself and (okay here is my big confession, I almost petted it!) gave it to John to dispose of...which he did....poor thing, it was trapped in that bowl and couldn't get out! I am relieved it wasn't a mommy mouse, now those things make me go a little tweaky!!! hahahaha!!!!

Matt, Lindsay, Ellie, John, me and Lexy went up to the garden to do some work on it also.  We weeded, I planted a few seeds in places where we had gaps, Matt put in some more onion sets (we are SO enjoying our onions in the green house) and the guys hilled up the spuds...Here are a few pics of our set up!

                                           Our 7 tomato plants, radishes, and fava beans... not to
                                           forget the gorgeous river in the back ground!


Lexy and John looking things over. lots of dirt showing
but when it grows big...oh so gorgeous!


                                            Our divine potato patch...about 100 hills worth!

So, on to a few more spiritual things....

I have spent the last few weeks really practicing HEARING God.  I have heard so many sermons recently on listening to and for God (thank you Brad Wynn) and enjoying His presence.  I love love LOVE Andy Stanley, pastor of North Point Community Church, and Joyce Meyer and recently even THEY have been hammering me about it! hahaha!  I am learning so much about just letting go of things that seem to creep in and bother me, upset me, hurt me or make me feel rejected. I am working hard at resting in the Lord, praying about something and letting it go and not worrying about it and just taking my value and worth from the Lord, after all, if it weren't for Him, I would have no worth or value anyway!  My new mantra? "I trust God completely, there is no need to worry!"  I know I should have that down by now, after all, I have walked with Him for so many years, but for some reason, I seem to catch myself (at least I am doing that this past years) mulling over things, wondering about things and worrying about things.  I am so glad for the love of the Lord that won't let me stay that way, in that way and won't let me go that direction.   I am generally a very happy and joyful person who loves life, loves being alive and loves the life I am in and when I start to worry or whatever, I just am not that person!  SO.....I am taking the time to think about what I am thinking about and to worship, to think on the pure, the lovely, the virtuous, the things of good report....

and speaking of good report.....here are a few pics I took of the pastors family moving in to their new house, which just happens to be owned by our nephew!

                                                     Deana....yes, she was pretty strung out by this time!

                                         Part of the crew....

                                         In the 26 foot moving truck...Greg, Kenny (pastors oldest son)
                                         and their middle son Kaden                                      


                                           The crew...

Aaron...


                                          The view from the street...yes, thats a bunch of peeps
                                          standing around visiting!


                                                   Beautiful Alexis

It was a great moving day...well not weather wise, but it was fun and we enjoyed it tremendously!  It felt good to finally get them here and have them with us.  Kevin delivered a wonderful meaty sermon on Sunday and it felt like we all were able to breathe a sigh of relief and hopefully close the chapter we have been in and move on to a new one!  I am excited by what God is doing and has done through out this last season of time we have been in as a church body.  He is SO GOOD!!!!

Okay so I have a couple more pics...these are green house pics... can't let you get away without seeing our bounty in the wonderful building that John and Matt put together!

                                Oh my heck...this is what we see when we open the doors!  Can
                                you believe it?   The tomatoes are almost as high as they can grow,
                                and those were from seed that Matt and Lindsay planted!!!                            

My perfect little tomato, I keep watching him to see what he ends up looking like as an adult!

                                            Green pepper plants that Matt and Lindsay nursed all
                                            winter long, aren't they just gorgeous?


                                            The north side of the greenhouse, also has tomatoes
                                            but is giving way to brussel sprouts, broccoli, lettuce
                                           and the like


                                Yeah baby!!! Carrots and stevia and broccoli and Bok Choy and
                                 Pac Choy!  YUMMY


The onion patch...nuff said

                                  One of our onions in the above onion patch...oh my, I love watching these
                              things grow!  We also have a patch of potatoes that we will be able to dig into
                             pretty soon!!!!

Okay, I've inundated you enough with pictures!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: