Speaking of growing, our family went in together and bought a dwarf banana tree! It has been so much fun to watch. Seriously, I kid you not, that thing went from having this ugly trunk that I was totally wondering if we had wasted our money on to sprouting this little top, last Monday, by today, it has a full 2 foot long leaf!! I wish I had a camera I would have been able to do time lapse photography on cuz it would be so cool to see it. We could literally almost watch it grow!!!
And speaking of growing...again...I learned something just recently....Remember in the Word when it is talking about Mary and Jesus and his birth? The Wise Men came to visit Jesus and bring Him gifts, in the process they show that they are honoring a king...Mary, in the mean time is watching all of this happening, knowing what the angel said to her and remembering, if not really understanding, the prophecy that was told to her when she was told she would bear a son and upon Him would lay the sins of the world. I thought of something the other day. The Lord had planted a seed in my heart about something and I was so excited that I shared it. In the bible it says that "Mary hid these things in her heart"...hmmm....okay, let me connect some dots. I was reading one of my fave blogs by Melody Ross, on www.bravegirlsclub.com about her life and about being a perfectly imperfect mother, in the middle of it this is what she says, and it struck me like a two by four between the eyes,
"I don’t talk much about my children because I never want to cross the line with THEIR OWN story….ya know? I want them to live it out and be able to tell it on their own when they are ready to do that. I have learned the hard way to keep sacred things sacred…"(melody ross)
I don't mean this blog to be about not talking about my children, its way too late for that, but I do mean it to be about keeping sacred things sacred. Sometimes the Lord starts something in us that we are supposed to just keep to ourselves, letting Him work in us quietly and without any fanfare. Sometimes we just are supposed to "hide things in our hearts" and not send out a bulletin that the Lord is working in us. I found out something that I had already learned a few times before but apparently had to be reminded, when you are beginning a "work" with the Lord, it is so critical to just be quiet and listen and not talk so much! Thats hard for me. I like to talk, its how I process, and its how God made me to be, to communicate, to share, to be willing to step out and be bold and be brave and most importantly, be honest and transparent, BUT, some things aren't meant to be shared until they are ready....Like all that food in our greenhouse and yet to be planted. Sometimes, its more important what is going on below the surface and what roots are being laid down where no body can see, rather that what we let people see. Keeping Sacred things Sacred.
So I repented, grieving that I interrupted a good work, a good thing, that maybe I pulled up a good seed to see what it was gonna look like way too early...I am determined to stay the course and go ahead and do what the Lord told me to do, even in those early moments of communing with Him. I am sad that I got ahead of myself but I am learning a new lesson, forgive myself and move on, He still loves me and He still has great plans for me and when that seed comes my way again, well, I'm not going to get so eager to use it, I'm going to just rest, relax and let Him do His great work, I'm going to HIDE THESE THINGS IN MY HEART or, as I think it also says, I'm going to keep what is sacred, sacred....
On another note...our new pastor will be at church for the first time this week, we are beyond excited and so ready to have him there. He will not officially take over for a bit, needing to get his family moved and settled but this is going to be great!!! We are so greatly blessed and so covered by the Lord, how He loves this church and more importantly, how He loves His people. He has been there for us during this time, we have no doubt and it has been amazing to see His provision and Love being poured out on so many. We all are learning so much, we all are laying down so much and He is there, just blessing and blessing and blessing.....Yes, weariness has set in, I will be glad when we get to go back to "just" leading worship, but then again, it has been such an amazing seat to be in to watch the Lord move for His people. It is going to be a great Sunday! For those of you who read this and were there last Sunday for Pastor Darrells word...KEEP DIGGING THOSE DITCHES....the water is gonna come and oh what a flood it will be!!!! YES!
No comments:
Post a Comment