I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Monday, June 4, 2012

You never really realize how much you like the quiet and lack of intrusion until your phone stops working...BUT...You also have this uncomfortable feeling that someone is trying to get in touch with you and they think you are ignoring them when you don't answer your phone! It has been a nice reprieve, this phone ringing business (although as I type our good friend and phone repairman is in the process of fixing the problem), but I know that we must have our phones back...Dang!

We got our garden in. YAY! Can't even wait until things start to grow. I have gotten somewhat impatient I think, what with already having huge tom plants and using veggies out of the green house.  Actually, the word might be spoiled rather than impatient...Its a lot of fun though, planting that garden and waiting for the seeds to push their way up through the ground.  

We have this banana tree in our family room, its a relatively new addition to our house and I am not one for house plants so if this thing doesn't produce bananas, um it is out the door to my sisters house, but, it is truly an amazing plant.  In ONE day...I repeat, ONE DAY, it will grow exponentially.  On Friday John opened the curtain by it to let in the light and it just had the one giant, and I do mean giant leaf.  I realized it had been a few days since I watered it so I went in and dumped a pitcher of water on it and left it at that.  Later that night John went to shut the curtain and realized that that tree had a 5 inch leaf spike coming out the top!!!!!!!!!  HOLY TOLEDO BATMAN!!!!!!  Today, it has a fully unfurled leaf, bringing it to a height of about 8 feet, although the leaf should curl down and shorten it a bit.  Can you believe it??? It was truly amazing. The first leaf took a little over a week to get up and opened, this one took half that time.  I hope oh I hope and I pray, yep, I pray that it makes bananas! Wouldn't that be just so cool???!!!  

I want to be like that banana tree. Pour some water on me, give me some sunlight and I GROW GROW GROW!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: