I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Normal restored....

I cannot even believe that the Christmas holiday is over already! Why does time fly by so quickly?  In some ways, I am glad though, mostly because I get pretty worn out with the pull of trying to do all the things that come with the holiday and the desire to sit, sip a cup of coffee and enjoy the sensations of the season.  My desire to relax hardly ever comes true.  Maybe someday we our family will just do away with presents and rent a cabin in the snowy Sunriver area and go have fun together for a bunch of days!  I vote for that!!!!

It was a very fun day though, watching our little ones, well, little one, open her presents and then hearing all the ooh's and aaah's of the big "kids" opening theirs.  We draw names in our family and I had gotten Johns so it was a bit tricky keeping it a secret.  I succeeded in him not knowing though so that was great!  I got him a new golf bag to go with his clubs that Matt and I got him for his birthday last year so it was pretty cool (once again Matty helped me find a neat bag for dad).  Everybody put a lot of thought, heart and soul into their gifts, which was pretty neat and fun to see.  It was just awesome to hear the little stories of who had who and how they figured out what to get them or make them. Too cool!

Yes, he still plays in the bubbles!


Well, I moved at the last minute but we were Rock Band-ing it in our christmas sweaters!

Isn't she beautiful?  Brynlee...


Well, SOMEONE always has to make a goofy face...RYAN!!!!!! Our attempt at a Christmas eve photo

Princess Lucy

 Our three little granddaughters

 Only some of the coolest boots ever! On MY feet!!! Yep, been wearin em!


All the adult kids were playing lego, Aaron is in there but you can't see him.  It was a throwback to the old days of lego covered blankets and our kids talking, laughing and having fun in the middle of this stuff...(I forgot how much it hurts to step on that stuff!)

Last night I came home from work and grocery shopping (in the pouring down rain) and was feeling rather grumpy and frustrated.  I kept asking the Lord why I was upset and bummed out, knowing that part of it was because I didn't want to go shopping by myself, wanting John to go with me.  Part of me kept saying, in my head, "you big baby..." and part of me was saying, "but...but..." and the but(t) part won out.  I walked in the door all snippey and not in a good mood. Only to find John having already taken down the christmas village (yes I was dreading that part) and working on the other stuff.  I pretty much groaned in selfish frustration, knowing that I was in for a few more hours of work ahead! I know, slap me upside my head okay?  It gets worse...I pouted a bit longer, letting my feelings be known and yet all the while warring in my heart that I was wrong and I was being inconsiderate and selfish.  My husband, he just tolerated my outbursts and loved me anyway. He was so sweet to me in spite of me.  As the evening wore on I noticed that our bed was made, when it hadn't been before because I was washing the sheets! Yep, he got them out of the dryer and put them on the bed...27 years....:o)  He did a bunch of things like that before i got home and all evening long, the dishes, the floor, the putting stuff away....We worked alongside each other (it WAS our date night after all) and finally I let my anger and stupidity go and we had a wonderful time together.   So now that the house is all done being put back together, we can go and have some fun for a few days together.

I think I will bring up the Sunriver idea after all!  Ya think????

No comments: