Two: every year we pull scriptures from a box at church, a box full of promises from the Word. We have held this tradition for many years. I have this sort of funny way that I like to do it, I don't really mean to and no, I'm not superstitious at all but I do it the same way every time. I reach my hand in the box, fish around for a second and the one scripture that wraps around my finger, I take. Every single promise in God's word are ours to claim and hold on to, but sometimes the Lord uses one particular one to speak to us, to let us know that we are indeed on the right track. I don't know how to explain it any better than that at the moment!
Whenever I pull out a promise from the box I pray for the Lord to direct my hand and I was asking for a special word, a little miracle and I was expectant!
1 John 5:14-15. "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that is we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have what we asked of Him."
I love how the Lord does that! Just reaches right out and speaks to us through His living word...
Three; Yep, there's three but you gotta bear with me a second. John and I went to Salem on Wednesday night. We just wanted a little time away so we packed a few clothes and took off. It was so much fun. We got a hotel room and then went on to dinner. It was really nice. We sat in this great restaurant, eating and talking and catching up and sharing about things that have been on our hearts that we hardly have time to ever talk about. It was wonderful. John had the idea to go to a movie and we had both been wanting to see Chronicles of Narnia Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I was excited, I had heard it was really good. We were not disappointed. What a wonderful movie, what a GREAT movie! There were so many good parts in it and knowing that CS Lewis, when he wrote the books, was really writing about the Lord and His great love for us, our faith, and our battles (to name a few) makes it even better. In the movie there is a young lady named Lucy, who envies her older sister Susan's beauty, and through a series of circumstances ends up with a page from a "book of spells" that will give her her hearts desire to be beautiful, like Susan, (there is a whole bunch I am leaving out) at one point Aslan comes to her and says, "Lucy, what have you done?" and she tells him, "I don't know Aslan" and he replies, "you wished yourself away. Don't doubt your worth Lucy, for if it weren't for you, your brothers and sister would never have found Narnia. Don't hate who you were made to be." John leaned over to me and said, "thats from the Lord for you" and I was sitting there feeling as though the Lord had looked right at me and said that straight in to my heart! WOW!!!! John had tears in his eyes and we were both just so touched. I knew the Lord was speaking to my heart in those lines and bless my husbands amazing heart, so did he!
I am learning over and over that the Lord uses so many different, out of the box, ways to show me how much I mean to Him. I am learning that I don't have to overcome everything in one day, in one big step but that if I take my time, walk slowly, deliberately, soaking in each and every simple wonderful thing I will make it. I am learning that I CAN be more authentic, more real, more honest and more open. I am learning that I don't have to like every step but each one can, if I let it, take me closer to the One I love, closer to who He has created me to be.
And I have learned that, in the words of Prince Caspian, "I have spent far too much time longing for what I did not get and not enough being grateful for what I have." I plan to change that...
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment