I have been a busy girl today! Not in the traditional sense but in the creative sense...Wow, it has been fun. I can't show you what I made cuz my sister Connie might peek and its her birthday present but I had fun doing it and taking on the challenge of making something I had never made before. I have some awesome new fabric swatches from Penny that I am dying to use but gonna wait til divine inspiration hits me to do that. I have a few ideas but nothing that makes me want to go ahead and cut the material yet!
I have been sitting in my scrappy spot in the house, enjoying the beautiful new lights my hubby put up for me! I am so grateful for his willingness to do nice things for me. As I sat here making that special something I started taking note of all the things that I had surrounding me. I love being creative. I have sampled all kinds of hobbies and creative outlets but by far, art and scrapping are my favorites. I have so loved sitting here in my little chair and looking up at all the things I have either purchased, had purchased for me, had built for me, or just plain hunted down around the house for and I am STRICKEN with gratitude. The biggest thing by far is that my hubby thought enough about my desire to scrap that he built me this place to do it in. Know what? I can't remember how I ever scrapped before I had it!!! I LOVE it! The other day I got in here and organized it all again after the plunder and craziness of Christmas (it often ends up being a "throw to" spot) I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't create when I can't find anything! haha! I labeled, sorted, cleaned, and organized it all and then set to work messing it all up again! I keep teasing that I am going to take over a room in the house one of these days....I can see it now! I think I will stay in my little corner of the kitchen with the view of the garden and lots of daylight streaming through (not to mention being able to be the first to see our little grand-babies come through the gate). I am very excited to get going on this year! I believe the Lord is going to do some really awesome things in me this year...hard things even, but I am ready, ready to move forward, done with sitting still and grieving. I am ready to dream, to grow, to believe in myself again and ready to see the world through new eyes! Yay!
So, I sit here with a few new supplies (courtesy of a shopping trip with my sweetie) and a ready heart. I had already told myself that I was going to do something new and challenging in January and I am ready to get started on it! I will tell you about it later, as I go along, but for now, I am holding my excitement close to my heart, (well, my husband can see that I am over the moon EXCITED). I have so many things in my heart that are bursting to get out!
The other day I heard a great teaching by Joyce Meyer titled "What do you want from your life" and it was just so appropriately titled for me...the big question...in fact, that could have been miracle number 4 if I'd have thought about it!!!! As I listened I kept thinking, wow, this is perfect timing, THE question that has been literally driving me crazy for a long long time....WHAT DO I WANT FROM MY LIFE????? I have a few ideas and am now waiting patiently for the Lord to refine in me what needs refining and define in me what needs defining....I am ready....I couldn't say that for awhile, not truthfully anyway but now, well, now, I am ready for Him to move in me.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Oh and just cuz I won't get to write this today, 1-1-11........Too Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment