I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Playtime with Lu

I love my granddaughter so much! She has the ability to lift my spirits and just make me smile.  I think we have just about settled on a "title" for me and it is so cool to watch her think about who I am to her.  She sometimes calls me mommy but I think that is because her uncles and her mommy calls me that but most often she is calling me "Ami" it sounds like ommy.  I LOVE it!  It is so endearing!  Today her mommy, daddy and aunt Connie were rearranging furniture at her house so I went over and "rescued" her from a nap that she was avoiding taking.  We went on a little walk, (yep, grams let her push her own stroller in an effort to wear her out) and then we headed back here when she got a little bit stubborn about what direction she was going to walk with it, I won, stuck her in the stroller and we came back to our house where she played and played by carrying rocks from one location to another.  I think I will have to start checking the yard before I mow so I don't run over any!

I grabbed my camera and snapped some shots of her and just might have to get to scrapping with a few of them when we return to a life that is "normal" (whatever that is).

When I looked at this picture I just couldn't believe how MUCH she looks like her mama at that age! Kaylee had these very tipped eyes when she was little and it was so unique I actually got a lot of comments from people on her beauty (I still do) and her beautiful eyes.  I look at this picture (and at our little one running around) and see Kaylee as a little girl, climbing on everything (today Lu was trying to climb out of her crib) and looking at everything, FEARLESS!  Lu is curious, smart, silly, and independent.  I love those things about her. Isn't she gorgeous?

Hi Ami, Hi! She was saying!  Silly silly girl!

Oops, dropped a rock and had to pick it out of the grass...She didn't want to let go of her hands full to do it though!

That precious pile of rocks! She eventually picked up the whole mess and threw them back in the rock pile. I was a bit worried I was going to have to make her pick them up out of the grass but she didn't want them in there, she wanted them back in the rocks.  

I just wanted to say that, although I could take the last line out of my last post, I decided not to.  I AM without my daddy. That isn't to say that I am fatherless, I know I am not, and I don't feel abandoned by the Lord. I am just going through the process.  Please don't be alarmed that my faith is in jeopardy, it isn't. Feel free to pray for me though, and for my sisters, who feel as disoriented as I do.  We appreciate it.  

1 comment:

Small Change said...

Gene and Alfretta, got it. I miss you little Sis. Can't wait till April gets here and we can all be together. I hope your time in Florida was as great as you wanted it to be. I expected to see a blog or two about it. Just a bit bummed. Love you my very special baby sis.