I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The latest

If you read my previous post from earlier today, you know I referred to a card I made that had a story behind it.  I have the goal of submitting a card or two to the Cards book (mag) this year and since I haven't done that yet, I thought I would get on the ball and at least make a card I could submit.  You can't just submit any old card, they have to fit certain requirements like theme, color, invites...things like that.  So, I got on the website to see what calls were out there for cards and got to work. One of my problems, as I get older, is that I forget things quite easily.  No I didn't forget to get some cards made but when I made them and was so excited about getting pics of them and getting them submitted, I decided I had better make sure of what I had to write down about what they were made out of and stuff so I went back on the website AGAIN, to check out that stuff too.  Um, well....the first one I made, on Julie and my scrappy play day, wasn't exactly what they had in mind.  I thought it was supposed to be a girl card, you know, for a girlfriend, well, not exactly, its supposed to be an invitation. I COULD have made this one an invite I spose but I just never quite had the inspiration and then I didn't have the time to make it one.  The second one was just so much fun to make and I actually dreamed about it for days and days before I made it.  Sometimes I will start to build a card and then get all kinds of other ideas to make it better in my sleep!  Thats what happened with this one.  The theme was make it cheap...I did that and even had the calculations for how cheap it actually was!  The "back to basics" thing is off of a Rays grocery bag and the flowers are handsown by me and the buttons are from my mothers storage of "stuff" and the ribbon is off of a gift bag handle and the US is from some old cardboard thing I had that I got long long ago at Craft Warehouse, in fact, I'm not totally sure i even bought it originally! I am all set to get pics done and am so proud of my cheap card when I, again went on the website to get some details, (okay, I should have learned my lesson by now but I hadn't) and guess what?  It was supposed to be a $3.00 layout!!!!!  I could not believe it! I set it down with a hmph and went to bed! hahahaha!  I will submit both of these cards though, once they ask for a category that they fit into but I wanted to show them off for you. I had so much fun making them.  The girl card is made from a new line that I found, no its not a new line, just one that I found recently so its new to me.  Its called Graphic 45 and it makes me think of my childhood and warm fuzzys and my mommy when she was younger.  The other one is a smattering, as I already said, but the bottom striped paper is from Cosmo Cricket, their new Earth Love line, which I ADORE! I am a huge HUGE fan of Cosmo Cricket anything and will almost always, when in the buying mood, buy the entire line of paper.  (okay, thats not so much, maybe 7.00 worth!) So here you go, my latest, "creations":







 



Fun stuff huh?  I loved doing these cards and using the old buttons, well that was AWESOME! I wish I had many many more or could just keep recycling them! hahaha!

No comments: