Little Lucy at Uncle Aarons graduation
Our little Lu turned ONE! She was so cute eating her cupcake! It was a fun time and a great little party. Its hard to have a party for a one year old, how much can you do? It was also Kaylee's foray into birthday parties! I thought she a good job. Brad, Niki, Maddie, EJ, Lisa, Alyssa and Mike and Nancy came to the party in spite of the threat of rain and we were thankful for their thoughtfulness in attending. We had a great visit with Mike and Nancy, who ended up staying for dinner and driving home in the dark. What a sweet sacrifice from all of them.
Lucy squared....
The Miller Family...aren't they beautiful?Justin and Jacob, Brent and Marie's twins, were so funny. We would find ourselves laughing at things they would say and do much of the time we camped. At one point, we are all sitting around the fire, something we did most of the time, and they were talking about baby Lucy and Baby Gracie, their aunt Amy's little baby. I don't remember which twin it was but one of them said, "Amy feeds baby Gracie with her boobies!" His mama said, "you mean she NURSES her?" "yeah, mama," was the reply. "Justin and I ate from mommy's boobies!" Now at this point you might think someone would be uncomfortable but coming from a 3 and 1/2 year old, it was just plain funny. He thinks a minute or two and then says, "girls drink from girl boobies and boys drink from boy boobies!" Holy cow I just couldn't not laugh! I decided right then I knew I HAD to blog about it!
Last night we had our last co-op dinner at camp, we all discuss what we each want to bring and then contribute it to the meal. John bbq'd pork chops for dinner. Carrie was eating with Brent and the kids over by their trailer (it made it easier) and they were chatting with each other. I was over by the food table and therefore could hear them talking with one another. Dani, Brent and Maries daughter who will be 6 this week, was talking to her grandma. The conversation went like this:
"why do pork chops have bones in them?" (Dani)
"its because thats where they cut them from the pig" (grandma Carrie)
"PIG?" (Dani)
"yeah, pig" (Grandma Carrie)
"OH MAN, she says, I can't believe I even put that in my mouth!" (Dani)
Another time we were sitting at the table playing a board game, Dani was helping her grandma and they were sitting by me. She say's, I'm hungry grandma...Carrie tells her that daddy is making her lunch for her (Marie had to work a lot of the weekend) and will get it soon. A little while later, Brent walks out of the trailer with a plate in his hand and begins to come toward our table. Dani looks up and says "its about time you got here" to her dad. He looks at her and without saying a single word, he turns on his heel and walks right back into the trailer leaving a very stunned little 5 year old. Yes, sorry, we laughed, but mostly at Brents reaction to it. Everyone told her that it wasn't nice for her to teach daddy like that and a little bit later it was suggested that she go in and apologize to her daddy and get her lunch. :o)
Yep, a good time was had by all...well, the boys didn't appreciate the pouring rain two nights in a row, in a tent!



3 comments:
oh my gosh do I miss your family's antics. I miss you Lucy and am so happy that you and John found a perfect 5th wheel! And that you got to enjoy your vacation before vacation time was over :)
Oooh! I love the new banner pic! You two are so cute! I'm jealous of my folks coming to Lucy's birthday party, I so wish I could know her better and that she and Melody could be friends. Sounds like you had a great time camping, I laughed out loud at the nursing story... I can only imagine what Melody might come up with someday talking about younger siblings (don't mean to imply anything there, we have nothing on the way... that we know of).
I just love that picture of you and John!! Too cute!!!
Post a Comment