I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, November 28, 2008

News....and a photo...

I got some very cool news this morning! Nope, can't share it with you yet, at least not over the "airwaves" but in a few days I can. I am just so excited and proud of myself. You know how you so want to reach out and try something new? Do something that you haven't done before? Take a risk? Maybe for some of you (all two of you who read my blogs) it is no big deal to stick your neck out and see what happens, but for me, well, I often have to muster up the courage to do something risky and then, if something negative (at least in MY humble view) happens, it takes me awhile to readjust, to make the necessary mind altering changes that I need to to accept the defeat or the answer I DIDN'T want. I know that the Lord is working in me through that mindset. My good friend and pastorette, Julie, told me once that if I didn't take the risk (we were talking scrapbooking) then I would never see if I could win anything. She is right. I have so enjoyed learning all I can learn and continue to learn, about scrapping. I was thinking the other day about the things I have gotten along the way in this journey I have been on into the world of scrapping. I have given up so much of my own ideas of perfection. I have learned to let go of my own limitations and just GO FOR IT. I have begun to learn what MY creative process is and to enjoy that process, not getting hung up on not having a divine inspiration until I get more into the process. I have learned to begin to see my layouts and cards as means of expressing myself and letting the things I think and feel out of my heart. So, all that said, yes, this news has something to do with scrapping, and when I can share it with you, I will, but until then....just celebrate with me! Grin a little grin and check back at the first of the month to find out the news! In my life, this is so wonderful, so small and yet just so validating.



Gotta go before I spill the beans!



Oh, but before i do...MY BABY COMES HOME TODAY!!!!!!!! Yep, Kaylee, Lucy and Bryce are on their way home to Oregon. I am so ready to see them again. 3 weeks has felt like an eternity. I know it is a good chance that I won't always have them near, but while I do, I so appreciate it! Oh, and here is a snapshot of our thanksgiving...I looked at this photo and had to laugh...Ryan got me hooked up with Picasa 3 and I am loving being able alter my photos in whole new ways.

No comments: