Okay, so NOW I can tell you what my good news is! But, knowing how I love to tell little stories, at least on virtual paper, I will tell you a little story first. Last March Julie Overby and I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Portland. While there, I bought this book by a lady named Lisa Bearnson (sorry if I spelled it wrong), anyway, in it were all kinds of scrapping inspirations and in one place she wrote that when she lacks for inspiration she goes to
pagemaps.com. (if I knew how to link this I would) So, that is what I started to do. I love that site and go to it when I have a block in my brain and can't come up with a layout idea. Anway, this past few months, I decided to start doing cards. I never was too interested in making them, thinking they were sort of limiting. Was I ever wrong! I LOVE making them!!! They are so much fun. Then I went to pagemaps and saw a link for the November card contest last month and thought, what the heck I wanna do it, I want to give it a shot. My good friend Julie is always encouraging me to take the risk, to not be afraid to enter something so Kales and I sat and looked at sketches (she was going to join me in the contest until she ended up leaving for Kansas) and picked out the ones we wanted to do. I started putting on the layers, adding stuff, and improvising. I hate to be too literal with a sketch but still I have to know what I am doing. This was so much fun. It took me a few days of piddling with it, I'd have a dream with some kind of idea and then I would come up with some other thing to do on it. The creative process was pretty fun. I got it done, set it aside and left it alone. I kept thinking that the contest deadline was today but thought I better double check so I got online and found out it was for the 24th! I ended up entering my card into the contest on the morning it was due and then, amazingly enough, I let it all go. (I forgot to mention that Julie saw the card and thought I should submit it to a magazine, I might still do that).
The other day I get online, lets see, it was on Friday, early, and in my inbox was a letter from Pagemaps! I WON THE 6x6 CARD CATEGORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were 130 entries and out of those, 4 different sizes were chosen!!!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe it???????????? I still can't. We got our winning cards published online in the pagemaps newsletter and then on the website~ WoW, I am still so thrilled. The four of us won a prize package and I am so excited to get it and see what goodies I can cook up from it. So, if you click on the link and then go to December Newsletter, you can see my card on the second page, along with the other three card winners, or, you can just scroll down a little bit and look at it here, but then, if you did that you would miss out on the other contest winners. I'll leave that up to you...

Have a nice night all
2 comments:
Congratulations, Lucy! That is pretty exciting; it's nice when your efforts are recognized, isn't it? I am proud of you. =)
Nice job, my most creative friend!! Congratulations! Enjoy the gifts from the Creator~~you are one of His best gifts to me.
Post a Comment