Today I spent the day cleaning house! Yikes! I do that for a living! No, really, it was actually quite nice. I finished up a book I had been reading, (I am a HUGE Catherine Coulter fan) and then got busy on this place. We are having 18 people for Thanksgiving dinner and party planning for our newly created "annual" Gingerbread House making contest. I am looking forward to the great food, good fun and catching up with my family. I love Johns family, they are funny, fun to be around and no stress! Yay! Yes, I moved furniture around, had to to make room for the tables that will be coming in here later this week. I vacuumed, no I didn't mop, I dusted, some places for the first time in nearly a year (hahahahahahaha!) and I yelled at the dogs for following me E-ver-y sin-gle st-ep of the way! oh man that is so annoying. I got the house cleaned up, things put in order, my scrapbooking stuff all stashed (two of those 18 people are two year old twin boys) and things out of harms way, not because I care so much about my stuff but because I just don't want to have to have them be monitored each and every second for something damageable. They are the cutest little duffers you'd ever want to see! Not to mention little Dani, what a girl! These pictures were taken this past Beachcombers Days outside the Shade Tree Coffee Shop, (note: if you haven't been there, you should go, they have AWESOME sandwiches, salads and cinnamon rolls and I aint just saying that) Notice how Justin and Jacob have suckers that match their clothes? No one even noticed until later when I was looking at the pics after I downloaded them...


Since my scrappy stuff is put away, I decided to try my hand at these adorable little pincushions out of a book that my sister Connie got me (for Christmas) I have one sewed up, it is a little tiny sweater, so dangdably cute it isn't funny. I can't wait to embellish it and add the goodies to make it look like a sweater. I love this book, it'll be great for nights that I don't want to sit and scrap and can make something with my hands. My hubby tells me I am ALWAYS doing SOMETHING, I deny it every time, but thinking on it, he is right, I am. In the winter I am either scrapping, knitting on my looms, or stitching something together with my hands. It only took me about a half hour to cut the sweater out of a felted sweater that Matt managed to toss in with hot water years ago and then sew it together, turn it right side out and stuff it. I have to dig the teeny buttons I have for scrapping and my embroidery floss and I am set to embellish this little guy. Oh, and to top it off, I am sitting in a comfy chair, next to a warm wood stove, next to a window (that is fast growing dark outside from)......
Well dinner is calling me, I better get to it. I gotta work tomorrow and then I have almost a whole week off, I am looking forward to it. B'nana is coming home, YAY, Ryan IS home, YAY, we get to eat Pumkin pie, my favorite (besides Lemon Cream) YAY, we are having a civil war party at Jim and Connies with their fam YAY, and I will finally get to see my hubby for a little more than nights when he is worn out from hunting, YAY!
Have a blessed night and know that I am praying for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment