Yesterday John and I went to the valley to Costco. It was a very long trip but hopefully we got enough food stuffs to make it through the winter without having to go back again. I really DO hate shopping. We also got to have lunch with Ryan and spend some time visiting with him. It is so nice to get to see him once in awhile. We get to babysit tonight and I am looking forward to cuddling my little granddaughter.
When we got home and put all of our groceries away, I turned on my computer and started plunking away. The first email I found was one from my very good friend Julie, to remind me of the Fiskars online crop. Having never done a crop and having no clue what to expect, I went to the fiskateer website. I am Fiskateer number 3711! Cool huh? Anyway, I was messing around and, now that I think about it, I dont' know how I did it, but I stumbled into the chat room. Ever been in a chat room with more people than you can count and such a quick stream of conversation that if you look away for a second you miss like, a whole TON of stuff? It was like that, a TON of fun. At one point I looked away and saw various people congratulating me for something. HUH? I had no idea what was going on but I went up the stream of messages and found out I won something, a "By The Sea" package! So then I had to go through the process of learning how to send a private message, via Fiskars, to the gal who was going to be sending my package! What a great time. I can't wait! Then, Julie, at church, asked me if I had read the list of winners on the Fiskars site. No, I hadn't I had gotten busy. Guess what? My number was randomly drawn (along with a bunch of others) for another prize. What it is, I don't know, but with Fiskars I am sure it will be good. I have been looking around a little bit for some design team opportunities. One of my goals is to be on a design team some day so it seems logical to start trying out. Anyway, one of the ones I was thinking about want a website where the things I have made are posted, so I have been busy doing that so that if I decide to try out for a team, I have a gallery where I have put them.
Well friends, I need a Sunday afternoon nap.
Enjoy the day
No comments:
Post a Comment