Sometimes things happen I just gotta tell people about! You know, things that are just either too hard to carry alone or just too cool to be quiet about. This "thing" is the latter.
Yesterday I took Kaylee to Newport to her Dr. appointment, "watching" the baby while she was in with the doctor. After that we did some errands and then headed back to Waldport to clean a house that was scheduled for that day. At the house we were cleaning, Lucy decided she was going to be fussy and wanted to be held so Kaylee and I both just held her as we did different things. I was nearly done with the kitchen so I could hold her while I mopped, she loves to be slung over your arm riding on your hip, anywhere where she can see, so I did that, then my arm got tired so I moved her to my other arm and was holding her head in my hand, talking to her and smiling at her. AND THEN IT HAPPENED!!!!! She looked at me, like, oh, wow, I see you, looked at me. And SMILED!!!! AND SMILED AND SMILED!!!! I tell you, I literally got tears in my eyes as my sweet, beautiful and adorable little granddaughter looked me in the eye and smiled at me from ear to ear. My gosh, it makes me want to cry again just writing it. What a moment! I loved it. Kaylee came running and got to see her doing it. It was the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, next to the smiles of my own children, but to have this little girl who is beginning to look more and more like her mommy (her eye shape is changing to look like her moms did when she was a baby) look at me and smile, just did something to my heart. My first comment? "okay, it is official, she now owns my heart!"
So there you have it, a moment in my day. Awesome huh? I bet, when you read it, you smiled back at your computer. Hard not to isn't it?
Have a wonderful day everyone. I intend to.
No comments:
Post a Comment