I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Surprises!

Okay, after the stretch of "stuff" that has been going on in our life, I think it is time for us to have some good stuff happen.

Yesterday was the actual day of our 25th anniversary. It was a good day.

My phone rang yesterday afternoon as I reclined on the couch. It was our daughter who had just been to the Dr. She was excited! The Dr. had checked the progress of her pregnancy and had informed her that the baby's head is fully engaged, she is 80% effaced and a fingertip dilated! The Dr. told her that he believed she was going to have a really good, swift labor and was very encouraging in that regard. Suddenly it hit me that there is a baby on the way! hahaha! Seriously though I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around the impending birth of this little girl and am so excited to feel the feeling of being a grandma!

Then, to make the day even better, we had a dinner date with John's twin brother Jerry and his wife, Dene. I was excited to get to go out and have a good meal with them and dressed up nicely. Yes, I even wore a dress. We got to the Adobe and walked into the dining room, I saw our neice Kristen first and then my sister in law Carrie and then my sister. It suddenly dawned on me that this was a party!!!!!!! Holy Cow!!!!! The family was all there and it was for us! We had a wonderful meal, sharing a table with our kids but wandering to the other tables to visit, and just had such a nice time. They had a money tree for us and a basket of goodies from the kids. John and I were standing at Jerry and Dene's table when Jerry told us, "you are expected at the Best Western in Sisters tomorrow." Yes, we are leaving this afternoon for a long weekend and I am very excited to have some time in eastern Oregon with my hubby and I love the town of Sisters to boot! We will be leaving there on Sunday morning, coming home in time for Kaylee's baby shower at church. I am so excited I could barely sleep last night!

So, hopefully we wll have a weekend of relaxation and healing as we try to redeem some of the time we lost on our vacation.

See you later! Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. What a loving, giving, and generous family you have! Have a marvelous time. (I'm so jealous!) You deserve it and your marriage is worth any and all celebrations. Love you forever!