I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friends....




Gosh, I really haven't written since Monday???? I am slipping!




Here is that picture of Matthew Picinic, Heidi Lawrence Picinic and Domenicks little one, the one in my Monday blog.
Bat Boy and playing with horseshoes




I have been cleaning the house all day. Okay so I completely dismantled two whole rooms and moved stuff around. (no chuckling Nancy!) It felt so good though! When Carrie and Kaylee came over Kales asked me, aren't you going to even relax today mom? and Carrie said, DON'T YOU DO THAT FOR A JOB??? okay, so I am slightly obsessive...only slightly though, it had been a long time since I had dusted the picture frames and such. Not so long since I moved the furniture...(my obsession...)

Last night I had the best visit with an old friend! (3 hours on the phone, it was 1 am when we hung up, her time that is) It was one of those with a whole bunch of stuff that HAD to be said and then a whole bunch of stuff that was just fun to catch up on stuff. I loved every minute of the conversation. Every time we ever talk, which, quite honestly, isn't very often, I beg her to move home... True friends are so hard to find. You know the kind I mean? The ones who read your thoughts, laugh at your dumb jokes, share your memories and pick up your spirits? The ones who hold you when you cry, give you the smack down when you are being dumb and give you a bit of the hard truth. I love my friends. They come in all "shapes and sizes". I have ones, like Steph, who I can pick up a phone in mid chuckle because I see her number on my caller ID and know that at some point in our conversation, usually from minute one, I will be lifted up and will laugh, I will be fed and filled with joy. I remember many times in the distant past when she and I would look at one another and just giggle, for no reason, just giggle, til we nearly cried. I always felt like honey dripped from her words and never ever felt bad when I was around her. I miss that. I have friends that are family, great, close, trusted friends, that in some ways feel more like my best buddies than sister and sister in law. I have friends I have known from my days of yuckness. They know me, KNEW me and give me so much love and support. I have friends that are so close to me they feel more like family than anything else there are so many shared memories and so much blending that has gone on in our lives that I don't know where friendship ended and family began...Some of my friends are older than me by a lot and I love their wisdom, their fortitude and their lessons they teach me about life, hope, and living the long haul. And, finally, well not so finally but...I have my little troupe of pals who know as many of my deep dark secrets that I can think of and have never looked shocked, grossed out or unloving in any way, they have been a big part of my healing this past year.

I am incredibly grateful for my friends, my family, my life. My very very very best friend? The man I live with, who knows my heart, makes me laugh, has seen me at my ugliest, and, I suppose my prettiest, and he continues to look at me as though I am the only woman in the world. He hears all my petty thoughts, all the things I ponder and he patiently listens to me and helps me figure things out. I cannot even say how grateful I am for that.

FRIENDS.....all of you who are my friends, thank you. Thank you for the times when you drew up along side of me and loved me and cared about my life and my family, the times when I needed a boot in the butt, you gave it to me and the times I just needed to know someone cared and you called. You are the best friends anyone could ever ask for.