Okay so it is my Friday and I am EXHAUSTED!!! Alexis and I worked hard for three days and I gotta say, I am glad that we don't have any houses to clean for a bunch of days. This time next week I will be jumping out of my skin! We will be going to pick Matthew up on Friday morning and all of us are going, well the five of us (Bryce has to work). I am so excited. John asked me if I was excited to go to Diamond Lake and even though I really am, really really am, it is hard for me to get past the excitement of the 6 of us being together for a few hours and me getting to have my four kids, just the four of them. I so love to listen to them talk, laugh and have a good time together. I am INCREDIBLY excited to say the least!!!
I have spent a great deal of time this week thinking about the transforming work of the Lord in my heart and in my marriage. It has been such a wonderful thing to wake up, knowing I am loved, knowing I am accepted and cherished. Yes, I mean by the Lord, AND by my husband. I have really been seeking Him about the changes in my life and what they mean for the long term. What does He want to do with those changes? What does He see as a way of me being able to reach out and be who He's called me to be? I am asking Him to teach me, show me, open my eyes to His plan, His heart not only for me but others around me. I so love the Lord and look forward to these times of Him speaking into my heart and mind. He is so faithful isn't He? He is so incredibly willing to share and show and stretch and grow. What a concept! I feel as though many of the prayers I have prayed for so long are being realized. It is mind boggling in a way. Remember the stories of Moses, Isaac, Abraham, Joseph? How they waited and waited for the promise, usually never even understanding what the promise WAS? I so relate to the pain they felt of wondering what in the world the Lord was doing, was He doing anything? What did He mean when He said...such and such....I so so understand the questioning they must have gone through over and over and over again. So, have I gotten solid "God said this" answers? No, not really, but I am so much more content and satisfied to just rest, to just be, to allow Him to slowly reveal His plans to me. Years ago I made the decision that I would love Him no matter what, that I would follow Him if I never ever heard another word from Him (silly when you think of all the things He says to us in His WORD) and I made a thoughtful decision to allow Him to be sovereign in my life.
Oh to walk in faith! Enjoy your weekend everyone, we are off to family camp tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment