Before you read the blog and wonder what the pics are all about, let me tell you now because it isn't in the blog at all what they are...I just thought they were awesome pictures from family camp that we had this past weekend and thought you might like them. Traditionally, we have baptisms every year after the Sunday worship service. We have a new family attending our church, a young mom and dad and FIVE boys!!! Yes, I said FIVE!!! They are so way awesome. Becky, the mom, is really really funny and really neat. She is an RN and met our own Sue Wynn and Sandy Lund at the hospital and "happened" to ask them if they knew of a church in Waldport. Imagine Becky and Thanes surprise, coming from a conservative church background and in to good old charismatic! yay! They are stretching and loving it! The three boys praying with Pastor Arte are the three middle sons, I believe their names are Gabe, Rhett, and Aubrey but don't hold me to it. It was so precious, seeing these little boys praying together before getting baptized. The other picture is of our own Alexis, who had told John that she had never been baptized during a conversation that they had had during the prior evening. John went up to her and asked her if she would like to be baptized, she said yes, changed her clothes and went for it! We were thrilled and so love this girl that has come in to our lives. Precious, sweet, and very tender, I want to hold her, and hug her and never let her go. (oh, I forgot to mention she is Aarons girl....)
Now on to the blog:
Here it is, Wednesday, I have completed my allotted two days of work and am now looking at two weeks of vacation. Well....if one is being picky, two and a half weeks...but then again, who is counting? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, I am so grateful for the timing as I am worn out. We have been planning, talking, plotting and preparing and now getting down to the wire. I have one more day til we get our boy and one day after that til we go to our favorite place on the earth and relax relax relax!
The last few days have been somewhat of a mental struggle in that I have had tons of information going in to my brain and very little time for it to get processed through my brain! Yep, that leads to lack of sleep and restlessness. This morning John and I woke up early (well, I woke up, he was snoring) so we lay there talking. Before he woke up though I lay there thinking about the state of my mind these last few days. In the Genesis Process there is this thing called the F*A*S*T*E*R scale, which is a method of tracking your behaviors and seeing if you are headed for a relapse of any kind; each letter stands for something and has a bunch of symptoms beneath it. I began to go down the scale in my mind. F-orgetting priorities...check.
A-nxious...check. S-peeding Up....definitely check. T-icked off...nope. Stop right there. So I began to asess what is going on in my life, in my heart that was getting me to this place of speeding up. I thought of a few things that have given me "good" reason and a few things that have just been things that have been nagging at me, things I am thinking and doing that I shouldn't do. Things. So after I woke my sweet husband up, (he was apologizing before he was even all the way awake), we lay there and talked, me confessing my heart to him, knowing it was the way for me to be open and honest (yes, I had already done business with the Lord on some of them but needed some accountability too). It felt good, it was really nice and I felt better when the alarm finally did go off. I had reconnected with the Lord, my husband and myself. Felt good, worth the loss of an hour of sleep for me to be able to gain what I gained.
I need a vacation, sure. I need to be with our children and not have phones, computers or tv's to interrupt us, yes. I can and will reconnect with my family, but it will gain me very little if I don't also connect with the Lord. I am seeing more and more in my life how much I must fight for that connection. The enemy would love nothing better than to get me so busy, so sped up that I lose touch with the healer of my soul. Oh I do not want to do that. I am so lost without Him.
This is the air I breathe, this is the air I breathe, Your Holy presence, living, in me! This is my daily bread, this is my daily bread, Your very word, spoken to me. And I'm desperate for you, and I'm lost with out You.
I pray the words to that song would resonate within your soul and you would find peace and rest in His loving arms tonight. If you are lonely, He will be your friend. If you are sad, He will comfort you. If you need peace, he will grant you peace. When you long for joy, His joy is sufficient! I don't know for sure everyone who reads this, but I know most of you who do and I want you to know that you are so deeply loved! Each and every one of you come to mind as I write these blogs. (silly though they some times are)
So, please pray for me too. I have some really huge things coming up in my life and I am so very excited. New things, big things, new roles, new experiences. A son coming home, one preparing to go to college, the last year for the youngest (empty nest coming up), a grandbaby to be born, and the Lord answering various prayers that I lifted up long ago without any faith at all that they would come to pass! So much for wisdom eh? I cling to my Lord, He keeps me sane. I hold on to my best friend, John, who knows me better than anyone on this earth, and he too, keeps me sane. I hang on to all of you, who, in one way or another, encourage me, believe in me, lift me up, help me to see the potential in me...I can only hope that I sometimes do the same for you all. I love you!
Most likely this is my last blog til we get back. I am thinking I might journal/blog the old fashioned way and then transfer it to here. We'll see....
Love Lucy
Sis...a special shout out to you...you are the best sister in law a person could want! Thanks....you know what for.
No comments:
Post a Comment