okay so I haven't blogged in a little while...days really, but still...for me, I have had dozens of blogs go through my head in the preceding bunch of days since my last blog, so here I sit, the three guys living in our house, (soon to be four this weekend when Ryan returns) watching basketball and loudly commenting on the plays, wondering what to write about! You'd think, after spending so much time thinking about what to write about I'd have something to write about! ha! So, off the top of my head, with no prior thought, here goes...
Today Connie and I cleaned for a lady who is battling breast cancer. As I cleaned my part of the house I found myself pondering this ladies eternal future. I often think about the people we clean for, sometimes I pray for them, if I feel led to, and sometimes I think about the peeks we see into their lives, the pictures on the walls, the art that they choose, the things they surround themselves with. Often I see things that hurt me for the Lord, like books on athiesm, and I think, "my, how do they live in this world without God?" Sometimes I will start to sing worship songs in those homes, my way of spiritual battle and encouraging myself. I don't belt them out, but I softly hum them or sing them quietly to myself/to the Lord, I am encouraged and I hope they are too.
As I think about this world we live in, hearing so many doomsday reports and scary things, all I can think is, I am so glad that we know the Lord! I am so grateful that our children choose to believe (at least at some level) in a saving God, a loving God. There are so many who need Jesus and I often feel at a loss as to how to share Him with them, how to give them the same hope I have when they seem adamantly opposed to it. So, I wait, I pray, I hope and I love them (well, most of them anyway) and hope they see Jesus in me at some point in our contact.
have a wonderful evening everyone! This gal is tired....
1 comment:
Hi Lucy,
I just want you to know that I faithfully check your blog every day, even though I don't comment very often.
It's a nice way to keep up with you. You have a beautiful heart and you've always been a good example for me.
So where's the new stuff, huh? =)
Love ya!
Post a Comment