I don't know what anyone else thinks but this weather is AWESOME!!! I sat outside this morning, as I have blogged before, in my little garden sanctuary, reading, enjoying the sunshine and beauty around me. The Lord, as always, shows up when I set time aside for Him and it was very peaceful and pleasant. At the moment of me writing, John and Aaron are playing a game of horseshoes (a recent addition and make good on a promise that John made to Aaron, who is passionate about horseshoes), Bryce, Kaylee and Kacie (Woosley) are sitting on the swing, nearby, visting and catching up, it is pleasant to hear them talking and having nice visit. Around the corner, Jeff and Brianna are studying for a history test coming up. The breeze is coming up a little bit, making the air somewhat cooler. Life is good. I know I need to be grateful for days like this but I can only wonder why we don't get more...okay, so I know why, really, but I wish, I guess, is a better word, that we had more days like this one. I love this weather, it is so nice. No, I don't want to live in the heat belt of America and would go crazy if it were always hot like this for months and months, but I would love to have more days, more....
and so it goes...isn't it just like us to want more more more? To look at the have nots? To think about how it "should" be instead of how it is? The basis of gratitude, in my humble opinion is finding the good in the day, in the moment, not looking ahead to the next many moments and wondering what they will be, always living in the future. I have a habit of doing that, looking up ahead, rushing onward, only to lie in bed at night and spend hours thinking about the day, thinking about the things I SHOULD have thought about as they were happening! I am asking the Lord to change me, to transform me, especially now that I have so many facets that are moving so fast in my life. Matthew in Iraq, Ryan moving home, Aaron preparing to end his junior year, Kaylee and Bryce having a baby, Jeff graduating, Aaron with a girlfriend...and that is just the stuff that comes to mind for a second! We are all so busy, all so willing to live in the future, keeping our day planners, using them for a brain (yep, I have one), looking ahead to the weather (yes, I surely do do that, I even look at Ryan and Matts weather), planning for our summer vacation...lets go ahead and make those plans, we women love to do that don't we, but lets also enjoy the moments. I'm going to. I'm going to enjoy watching my daughters tummy grow and relaxing into the days of summer. Lets all remember to praise God for it all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment