I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WHAT!!!!


Sometimes I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride and I can't get off! It feels like there isn't ever even a spot on this ride for a small little flat area, a place of rest in this wild thing we call life! Just when I think, whew, what a good time for a breather...something comes along and here we head out again, either up the steep incline or down a mighty hill...yuck! I'm not complaining really, I guess I wouldn't know what to do if life were always calm, knowing me, I'd stir it up to make it something really amazingly complicated! A small little email can rock your world, you know? I write one that says, "okay, mommy is getting worried, please write" to my son who is a million miles away in another universe (or so it feels like to me and his dad) and his reply? "sorry, I was out and about, we got back yesterday, will tell you about it when I get back, love you, Matt" That is word for word my email. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! OUT AND ABOUT???????????????????? I think you already know the terror that wants to strike my heart and beat the joy out of me, imagining my child "out and about" as though he is on some kind of tour of the countryside is what I want to do, but I know better, he is in a war zone, just last week his city, the one he is in, was bombed, this is no joke, this is life and death. Do I want to give in to fear? you betcha!! WILL I??? No....simple as that. I have a promise from a mighty God who loves my son far more than I do, that He will hold Matty in the hollow of His hand. He will watch out for him and preserve him. All I ask is that my son know Jesus, KNOW Jesus, the rest, is up to God to decide and me worrying about his life won't solve a thing and add more stress to my already usually stressful life. Please pray for Matty though, that mighty angels would surround him, would keep his feet from stumbling, would keep bullets, mortar rounds and anything deadly (spiders the size of dinner plates) away from him and that he would draw near to the only One who can save his soul and bring him peace and comfort. He is my oldest, that means something incredibly special to me and I don't want to lose him, in ANY way. So, I go now, to talk to my friend Jesus about my boy, about my grandbaby and my other boys who are in just as much danger from a world who seeks to destroy any faith they might have. While I am at it, I will pray for you too! :o)




No comments: