I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, April 25, 2008

scrapbooking


I have this new passion in my life, its called Scrapbooking, and I love it. The funnest part is picking out paper, actually, the funnest part is AQUIRING paper! haha! My sweet friend Julie is such a great one for firing off an email to me with a new paper or a kit for a whole bunch of stuff. I love it, it is so much fun and gives me a creative outlet for the things I love most, my family, my home, my life... I still remember telling Julie I was looking for SOMETHING, couldn't put my finger on what, but something to DO! She asked me what I liked to do and I said, "write, color, take pictures..." She exclaimed, "LUCY, there is a scrapbooker in you just dying to get out!!!" It took me a couple of months to dive into the waters but after I talked to John about it and he said, "why not try it?" I jumped in with both feet. It has been so much fun and I have enjoyed learning so much. Julie has been such a great teacher and so patient and encouraging with me. I admit that I have to reign myself in whenever I am in a store that sells that stuff and I am becoming somewhat of a paper/embellishment diva, but thats okay, I DO love the pretty stuff. I am getting excited to start a baby book for my little grandbaby, I can't wait to pick out all the pink paper and baby things for it. I think this scrapbooking "thing" was the answer to my restlessness and has erupted a mountain of creativity in me that opened the door for me doing this blogging thing, I haven't felt frustrated or worked up about having all this creative energy in me ever since I started, I even have a little corner in the house to call my own, complete with a view of my beloved garden.

I know this is a "trite" little blog but I just couldn't help myself. A gal can't be pondering deep and serious thoughts ALL the time can she???????? Everyone have a nice weekend okay? I'm gonna sleep in, drink at least one cup of coffee with my hubby and drag him to Newport to do some shopping. Should be a good day! :o) I love you all!

No comments: