I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

coffee and time...


Sitting quietly in our family room, I reach out and pick up my coffee filled mug, and, taking a sip, begin to ponder the day. Our dog Cola, presses in next to me on the blanket that is laying across my curled up feet, I am glad for her heat on them as they are cold at the moment. She looks up at me to make sure it is still okay to be laying there, knowing she has rules for being on the furniture. The morning is peaceful, the day hasn't really started yet even though I have already gotten up and made one breakfast and a lunch, I am thinking maybe I will go back to sleep on the couch but I also want to spend time with the Lord. My brain hasn't really registered the caffeine yet so I take another sip, letting the hot, strong liquid warm me from the inside out. Ahhhh, is the only way I can describe those first sips of coffee. I reach out and drag my bible closer, it is sitting on the couch next to the dog, next to me. I have been known to just tip over and use it as a pillow in the past but this morning something calls me to be IN it not ON it. I love those times, when you KNOW that God has a message for you for RIGHT now. Oh, I know, there is always a message for right now in there and I love that too but you know what I mean, those times when you open it and think, hmmmm, what do I want to read today, and you read it, feeling blessed and refreshed, but there are times when you KNOW the scripture to turn to and you immediately hear a message in it, there is an urgency to the Word, to the Knowing of what it says for that moment, for that time.

That happened to me last week. I was working on my Genesis Process. We are now in Book 2, which I feel so excited about since the ground work has been laid and we are getting into the nitty gritty of why we are the way we are. I was working through a few things, a few questions, time line type things, one thing that it asked was for scripture to back up what you were processing and I thought, wow, this sounds like I need to put 1 corinthians 13 into practice, considering my attitude as of late. So I turned to it and began to read it, then noted that there was a really cool part at the bottom of my bible that took each line of the love chapter one step further, completing the definition even more for a person. It was really neat. Many times over the last week plus I have thought about that scripture and worked to apply it to my life. It is amazing how Gods word breaks the hold over the enemy and takes the power away from him in a persons life.

So as I sit here now, evening is falling, the house is quiet again. Aaron is gone, Cola is asleep in a different chair and I have just sipped my last sip of decaf coffee (yep, I did say decaf), and I keep thinking about the blessings of God in my life, the love of a really good and wonderful man, the impending birth of a little girl, the joy of receiving a picture of Matty in Iraq (yes, it came AFTER the attack on the city of Balud, the one he is in), and that Aaron is off enjoying time with his cousins CJ and Travis and I get some time alone with my hubby. Life is really good, not just because of the circumstances of it, but because I have a Savior to call my own. Yes, Life is GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet sister, God has just put me through one of those moments as well. I too am SOOO THANKFUL for all He has blessed my life with, including my INCREDIBLE Genesis sisters!!!!