okay so I haven't blogged for awhile. I often will sit quietly, thinking of things I could "say" which quickly lead nowhere, well, quickly...so in an effort not to bore you with the mundane details of my life, I wait until inspiration hits, and go from there! Has inspiration hit today? Not really, but I miss writing and finding inspiration in the smaller things going on in my life might just be the ticket!
Small things:
I just went in and wrapped my arms around my youngest sons neck, it felt good to hug him but not only that, he snickered and asked me what I was doing, as though he enjoyed the hug...not a usual reaction...small thing.
In our Genesis Process group study, I am learning to let go of the things that I have held on to for years, like anger, reactionary anger, and allow myself to figure out where the fear is coming from, well, not such a small thing....:o) At the same time, my husband is metamorphing into an even more wonderful man...BIG THING!!!
The sun shone on Sunday, creating a sense that spring might just actually be on its way and we might actually get some better weather, better moods, more flowers....small thing.
We have a new bed, new mattress, and after years of not sleeping, well, I am in dreamland ALL NIGHT LONG!!! small thing?? well, that's debatable!
So you see, so far, no big inspiration. Each day I think, this time next year I will have a precious baby in my life that will soon learn to call me grandma and my little girl and her amazing husband will be PARENTS!! Each day I think, soon my middle son will be home, ending the longing to see him again, and each day I think, one more day closer to my oldest coming back home from the war zone he is in and I can breathe again. Each day I look at our youngest son who seems to be turning into a man before our very eyes and give thanks that we saw the strong will in him young and worked to harness it into something moldable, making him a joy to raise. Each day I think, Lord, without You I am nothing, with You, I can withstand the storms of life and take each day as a blessing. And each day I look at the man I married almost 25 years ago and marvel that our love is stronger, better, deeper and a million times more meaningful than when we married that day in August of 1983.
The small things, the little blessings, those are what keep me going right now and I am so grateful for them! Blessings to you too, in your small things....
No comments:
Post a Comment