I’ve been wracking my brain for weeks trying to come up with topics to blog about. When I started this space a long long time ago I just wanted somewhere to journal and write down my thoughts and maybe be a little creative at the same time so its been a challenge after such a long break from it to come back and just plunge in head first!
Yesterday my husband and I built forms and poured concrete steps leading off of our new concrete patio we had poured a few weeks ago. I LOVE working with my husband, although I have to admit, doing the heavy lifting or back breaking stuff doesn’t always come with a good attitude! We plunged in though and got it done. I had fun. The part I loved the most was just knowing that I was making his job, this task, much easier and less stressful.
I kept thinking the whole time we were working about how grateful I am that he chooses to live his life with me. We are coming up on our 36th wedding anniversary and it continues to blow my mind that he chose me to share his life. I’m not gonna lie and say we have had it easy because we havent, but he has, over the many years we have shared, grown so much! He has a teachable heart that is incredibly tender toward me and his kids and grandkids. He often reminds me that there are two sides to a “story” and not rush to judgment, he is wise and very forgiving, and, when he blows it, he is quick to repentance (at least with me he is) and he spends time in the Word, with the Lord and in prayer for people every day (that SO blesses my heart) I love him so much and value the many lessons he has taught me without even knowing he was!
One thing I am so grateful for is how the Lord has used him to teach me about grace (unmerited favor). You see, I am very hard on myself and have worked very hard to overcome the self destructive criticism that often tries to tear me down. When I watch my husband blow it and then move on after that with confidence and commitment to change, I am so inspired and reminded of my own need to do the same. God is so good to give us just what we need! He is not perfect, my husband, I mean, and yes, he does drive me crazy sometimes, but only sometimes. As the years go by I am so grateful that we chose to stay together, to grow together, and MOST importantly, to love the Lord....together....
I read something today in the devotional I have called “New Morning Mercies” by Paul Tripp which just leapt off the page at me...
“Grace has the power to do what nothing else can do - rescue you from you, and in so doing, restore you to what you were created to be” and this part....”It is an agenda of awesome grace extended to lost, rebellious, and self-excusing people, who even need that grace to understand just how much they need that grace. This grace had to include rescue because we could not escape ourselves, and it had to include restoration because we had no power to transform ourselves into what He created us and redeemed us to be” (Paul Tripp, New Morning Mercies, June 19)
Jeremiah 17:5 says, “Blessed is the man that trusts in the Lord and whose hope is in the Lord...
Blessings!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment