I almost forgot I had this blog its been so long since I logged in but the other day I suddenly remembered it was here and why I started it in the first place and once I visited this familiar site of mine, I began to want to write again!
John and I found out a few hours ago that our precious friend and cousin, Steve, passed away this morning. It came as a shock as we had not been aware that he had been sick. We went to bed and I laid there thinking of all of the times we spent with Steve and his wife Sandy over the years. When our kids were little we would head over to their house a few hours away and spend the weekend. We would pass the time singing with Steve on his guitar, Sandy on the piano, laughing, sometimes crying, but always sharing our love of Jesus with each other. Those were some very good times! John said a little while ago, it feels like all of our spiritual greats are passing away.
Lately I have really been wrestling with some things I thought were long dead and gone. You know what I mean. You are going along, living your life, thinking that you are, you know, okay, and along comes something that smacks you across the head and runs off laughing, leaving you to wonder what in the world just happened, leaving you bent over and bleeding. The wrestling match begins. Do I know who will win? Yes...Ive been down this road before, which makes it easier in a way. I’m sad really. I’m confused totally. I’m hanging onto Jesus completely. I can only hope that I will learn a new facet of Grace and Mercy, a little something of letting go of my own need to be heard and just trust the Lord with my heart. Yep...been here before...
Not a very cheerful re-start to my blog is it? I started this blog way back, over 10 years ago and for three years I havent touched it! Gonna have to change that! I hope, if you are reading this, you can relate to the things of life kind of crowding in and taking over, stealing time and treasure. And I hope you can relate to a single soul, finding her way back to her “writing place” and being reminded that this was a spot I loved to come and express the fun things, the sad things, the yucky things, the joyful things and yep, the hard things...the endings...
Welcome Back....Welcome Back...

No comments:
Post a Comment