I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

I've made a few decisions as of late.  I don't make resolutions.  I'm not against them really, I just don't bother to make them because I know I will break them.  I DO believe in setting goals and praying and asking the Lord to help you meet them but I don't make vows for my year.  I did however, recently realize that I want to change a few things about my life and how I live it.

It has been a challenging season of life for my husband and I.  Not in our marriage or anything.  Just in life.  We are aging and those of you who care to read this blog already know that.  We have had to take some time together and talk about what we want, where we are going and how to make the most of the life we are in right now.  It's not easy really but it's been very good.  As a woman, I am thinking about the things I haven't gotten to do but really want to do.  Here are a few of them.

1.  My husband bought me an iPad so that I would write. A book.  I'm not claiming to be any kind of an author but I have always wanted to express myself in that way.  I decided if nothing else I would write something down for our kids to read.  There are lots of things, I have realized, that they don't know about us.  Their adulthood and therefore interest in those things, have crept up on us it would seem.  My first thing I want to do is start blogging more.

2.  I want to open and Etsy shop and sell my handmade lotion.  I already sell a lot of it so having a shop would just be COOL!!!   I have other plans in my head but I think I need to start with that!  Everyone who uses my lotion has loved it and I want to spend my spare time making it!  Pacific Northwest products from LuLuBeans!!!  Cool huh?  Oh and I have a website in the works so that is on that list too!

3.  I want to start doing my art journaling again.  After a very long absence due to some very deep hurts and a life full and busy, I hope to make myself a space conducive to scrapping again.  It has been a season of drought but I found some great prompt websites on Pinterest to try.   Oh and don't forget to check out those wildly awesome blog sites and creative places like yesandamenblog.blogspot.com and madevibrant.com and my definition of artsy inspiration?  SHOES!!! And any website having DIY in the title! Hahaha!!!!

I think that will cover it for now.   My life needs to be calmer, less cluttered, more filled with Gods Word and less world.  I am seeing, with fresher eyes, that I haven't spent the time taking care of myself for far too long and it's time to change that.  The other person, most important, is my sweet husband...but he's a subject for later!  I will say this though.  He has been a rock!  The past year and a half we have both lost a parent. We have had family living with us for over a year and we are feeling the results of getting older...aka menopause!  He has been sweet and kind and loving and just AMAZING...He is my love story!!!  One for the book! But for now...I'm gonna focus on what I love most, besides Him and him...I'm gonna have some fun and create!!!

Happy New Year!!! 2016 is directly in front of us!!!

No comments: