I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Directions

So much of what I am learning these days has to do with direction. Last night we sat and talked into the night about tons of things, mostly debating, discussing and dissecting the Word and looking at where we are in our lives. I could sense a smile on the Lords face and at one point almost felt like there were angels propped about the room, on top of the entertainment center, the curtain rods and backs of couches, just enjoying the healthy, wonderful God centered banter that was taking place. I felt a keen sense of missing Kales and Bryce and had a leap of joy in thinking of the future of being together once again and having these same discussions (yes, chaos and noise is a way to describe our family and how we communicate). What a joy that will be and I am so ready for it. As a young mom I prayed so very much for our kids, simple prayers like have a good day at school, help them find a good friend and if they stray, tell on them Lord. But as they grew into men and woman I started to pray that they would be mighty men and woman of God, loving Him with a passion, hungry for the Word and ready to lay their lives down for Him. I sat there at one point, even said it I think, just being so grateful for the Lords grace to me in answering these prayers in each and every way. What started this discussion was talking about directions. Each of us are taking a different direction in our lives and we just began talking about that and exploring that. It quickly led to doctrine and theology and scripture and it was awesome! Aaron and Alexis have moved and are sensing so many new and exciting things on the horizon for them. Their dreams are huge and yet humble. Give away as much as possible and honor God in all that we do. There is TONS more to it but its not my story to tell. Ryan and Catherine are getting married in a little over a month and dreaming of a home, blending their lives and growing together in Jesus. So many new things to experience for them. Matt and Lindsay are expecting a baby in November and have had so many great things happen, they are sensing the Lord wanting to do a new thing in their lives, beyond this baby. Bryce and Kales, though they weren't part of the discussion they were part of it in so many ways. They have opened up a whole new chapter in their lives and pray for more to give away, more to serve with, help with, bless with. Their dreams are huge and far reaching, and they too are expecting a baby in November. John and I. Yes, we are moving into a new chapter in our lives as we step out in faith and step down from leading worship. It has been a season of growing, learning, and becoming more and more convinced that we have so much more in store for us as we give ourselves to Jesus in greater measure. ALL of us have prayed long and hard about these changes. ALL of us have labored over the hearts of those whom were and will be affected (I think telling us they were moving was one of the hardest things that Bryce and Kaylee had to do, besides driving away that day). We have all changed so much in our journeys. We have grown, learned and become much more open to the Lord in new ways. I LOVE watching our kids read their bibles, talk to each other about Jesus and teach us, teach me, something new about Him, about faith, about Love. What a blessing! They are all priceless and precious in a million ways. So as we look forward in our direction we are excited, a bit nervous and ever so curious! We honestly don't know what the Lord is calling us to next, only that we knew we were to allow a chapter, a very long chapter in our lives, to be over and to move on from there. So much of life, as we are quickly discovering, is ALWAYS unknown, we only think we can dictate our future, make our plans and have them come about. We breathe because God wills it so and that right there needs to be seen as a mighty blessing and incredible miracle. I am learning that I take so much for granted, without even knowing it, and I am ready SO SO ready for something new from God. So Lord, here I am, take me...take the coal, touch my lips, here I am, shaking before You in fear and hope and waiting to hear what it is You want us to do, me to do.

1 comment:

ocean01blues said...

Miss you. I'm so happy to read of all the excitement in the Bales family!