I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sovereign



My husband has a knack for finding great songs...its a gift, and to me, a blessing since I am often the recipient of his findings and he often already knows which songs I will fall in love with and want for my own.  I heard this one tonight and instantly felt a connection to the words.  So many times in the past year I have had these GIANT questions.  Not the Why question so much as the WHAT THE HECK??? question.  Maybe thats the same thing I don't know.  Anyway, it has been a long season of more questions than answers and most of them huge questions and heart cries.  Like I said, not the why one, but the when and the what and the how and the "oh Lord I am so tired, what now?  one.   I told someone the other day that no matter what, I am walking with my Lord but so much of the time I feel I am totally blind.  Maybe thats good, at least I cannot rely on what I THINK I see.  I heard a pastor say the other day that its when we don't know what is going on and we are full of questions and things don't seem to add up or make sense that when God is working the most of on our behalf...Oh I hope thats true!   

I love the line in this song...From beginning to the end I CAN trust you......I can I can I can and I WILL

May your day be blessed with great trust in His promises and may you be deeply touched by the love of the Father in your heart of hearts.....

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Once again your honesty refreshes me, Lucy. The song Sovereign is indeed a gem, touching my heart and encouraging me to continue trusting. Halelujah, our God is Sovereign, and in His hands is where I want to always be.