I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, February 11, 2011

What?

Today was one of those days where I felt like I was floating along on a sea of floatiness! I know, thats not even a word but thats what it felt like.  The day is nearly over and though I DID accomplish a lot today, I still feel like I have something yet to do and that I just floated through the day, not really looking for the beauty, the wonder of God, instead I spent it sort of numbing out. Well, most of it anyway.  One of the assignments in the Soul Restoration workshop is to figure out your patterns...What do you do when you are angry, hurt, bored, lonely, sad, happy, joyful, exhausted...its a "This Equals That" exercise and in actuality, quite enlightening! I had this moment today when I was journalling in my "art" journal. I was pondering why I sometimes feel a bit blue, a bit hazy and just out of it when I realized that often, I depress myself!! hahahaha! seriously! I just stopped what I was doing and thought, HUH!  HUH! and grinned.  What a dumb thing for me to do isn't it?  I started thinking about all the time I spend thinking negative, sad and lonely thoughts. The time I spend missing my far away friends instead of reaching out to talk to them, the time I spend wondering about things that have never happened and may never happen or did happen and may never happen again.  I started thinking about the things that I have let eat away at me far too long and the time I spend in court, being judge, jury and lawyer, and how that makes me feel...Not so good. A.N.Y.WAY...such a good revelation to have!  

I've been having this problem with my phone all week long.  I would go to write a text, which is the main way I keep in touch with our kids and some old buddies from high school, or make a call and suddenly my phone would just reboot! The message would disappear and I would sit in frustration.  I wish I could say that I asked the Lord if He had anything to teach me with me being out of commission but all I can say is that I miss my kids, my hubby's texts are the highlight of my day when we aren't together and I get pics of my grandbabies at wonderful odd intervals.  I grumbled, I tried to let it go and remember the days back when cell phones weren't invented and then I called Eric Lawrence who is the assistant manager of a cell phone place in Eugene and talked to him! well, I messaged him on Facebook first! hahahaha!   The first thing he said on the phone is, "I sure miss you guys!" aw....what a sweetie! I miss him too! It was nice to just hear his voice and hear how amazingly great he sounded and how helpful he was with my problem. I hopefully will have a new phone soon.  I got one with a data plan, then felt guilty that I got a data plan, hence the journalling into self discovery and chuckling.  Like I said, sometimes, I depress myself!!!

What is your pattern? What is it you do when the "emotions" are running around inside of you and ruling the day, instead of the other way around?  What is it you think about, ask yourself, or just plain let yourself do?  What is it that brings you peace? Brings you joy?  Brings you satisfaction?

Just sayin......

Gosh I love these babies! Each one a priceless treasure and so special to me!









No comments: