Whew!!! Did you hear me blow out a huge breath of air there? I am so worn out from the whirlwind that life has been for the past...um...2 weeks (longer but that narrows it down a bit) . As I sit here sipping a cup of coffee and wrapped in my new blanket my sister Penny made me, I can't help but almost chuckle at the great big things that have happened the last few weeks. I already told you about the "big surprise" for our sister Connie that happened, just a little over a week ago. After the surprise we had a big breakfast morning out at Jim and Connies, church the next day and a big lunch over here at our house. Monday and Tuesday we, Penny and I, worked together at my houses, taking a lunch break both days with Connie and then just visiting around with Kales and fam and Linds and fam. Wednesday we took Penny to the airport and had one last meal together before visiting a fabric store and throwing her out of the car to catch her plane (jk, we didn't really do that last thing!) It was a great time!
This last week has been busy planning the Night of Worship up in Newport, also. In the middle of all this fun and stuff, I had my Soul Restoration online class start up! It took me a few days to get into all of it and really dig down and start to think and look at things but when I did I got some great results. I will save that for a later time but I did get some pretty cool journalling pages and art projects out of the deal which was a lot of fun and I have learned a whole new way to preserve memories and to journal my heart to the Lord...too cool! Gonna have to show my girls the simple beauty of using Mod Podge! Its going to be a great 6 weeks of class for me but I feel as though I have already picked up some amazing tools that I will use for a long long time, as long as I can cut and paste and glue and paint! Am gonna have to buy myself a paint set!
The Night of Worship was a huge success and such a total BLAST!!!! It was so much fun to worship with the other churches, to spend time with people I haven't seen in a long time and be reminded that we are all of one heart, even in other communities. It was a total blessing! Our amazing worship team had the honor of leading the last hour of the worship time and it was completely and totally awesome. Everyone on our team is so great, they don't play to bring any attention to themselves and they all just love the Lord. It is a great group of human beings and I love each and every one of them so much! It was made even more special that our guitar player, Bruce was there and playing (in spite of recent bladder surgery) and that our team was really hearing the Lord in just being responsive in their playing. What FUN!!! Oh my gosh it was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! We came home to sit around the table with Aaron and Alexis and talk (Aaron was so excited about it that he just kept talking about how good the worship was) we stayed up really late! The Newport church did a wonderful job leading the first hour (I have to admit, I was pretty nervous so I had a harder time concentrating) but they were fantastic and a really nice team of people. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been beaten up. Might have something to do with a few of the things that happened before and after the whole event!
Saturday John and I went down to the church to begin to tear down the instruments and other equipment so we could take it up to the church in newport to practice. Pastor Arte was there not long after and we spent a good deal of time coiling cords, taking mics, monitors, the entire drum set, the keyboard, all the things that go with a "band"....It wasn't just us three, Todd came and took down the drum set and helped load it. All of this was done in the POURING down rain and wind that was streaking through our nice little town! We were soaked, to say the least! We got to the church and had to unload all of that stuff up a really tall flight of stairs, again, in the pouring down rain! Then it got all set up on stage and then torn down and carried BACK out in the rain and wind to the respective cars and taken BACK to church where we set it BACK up for church on Sunday. Then after church, thank goodness we had a big team of people helping, it got loaded BACK up into vehicles and up to the church again where it was unloaded again and set up again and then after the worship night was loaded BACK into cars where it was taken BACK to our church and unloaded AGAIN and left in the sanctuary to be set up on Tuesday night (we were all too tired to do any of that last night!) ...See what I mean????
In the middle of it all we managed to throw a delicious and hearty chicken soup together for all of us, got a great visit with Gary and Elsie (awesome) and I enjoyed a little bit of time with just Lindsay and Ellie.
Oh, and I hit a boulder with my car......
Saturday I was in the lead car (never should be in the lead car) and I turned one block too soon in order to get to the Newport 4 square church. It just so happened to NOT be a through street and so I had to make my turn around in the Burger King parking lot. I pulled into the lot, a little frazzled because I missed my turn and couldn't get through to the church (I COULD SEE IT!) and I hear this clunk, scrap, chunk sound!!! I thought, Oh my goodness, I must have gone over the curb! Oh well, its an SUV, I got it, its okay! (yes, my heart was pounding rather hard at this point) and suddenly my car just stops going, won't move an inch! I throw it in park, undo my seat belt, throw up my hood (yes it is POURING AND BLOWING) and head out of my car. About that time a guy in a pickup drives up~why is it that our most embarrassing and acts of stupidity are always witnessed~and says, "you hit a boulder, I almost hit it too" WHAT THE HECK??? A BOULDER?????? I step out of my car and there, in front of my drivers side tire, is a huge, no I'm not joking, HUGE boulder!!! How in the world did I not SEE that thing?????? So I back up the car, make sure its okay and running, no flat tire, no big huge dents, and I take off, only to have the pickup guy roll his window down and remind me that I might want to inform the BK people that I had hit their parking lot boulder! OK...now I am a frazzled and upset, I have the whole drum set in my car waiting to be unloaded, I can't see out my windows now because they are fogged up, I am sweating because I have had such a huge adrenaline rush, I am soaking wet, and now I have to to into the restaurant and deal with that???? Oh man. I park and quickly text John that I will be there in a second and run into the restaurant...
Me: You have a boulder in your parking lot
Her: I know, someone already hit it and pushed it out of the landscaping bed
Me: You might want to get someone to move it, I just hit it with my car
Her: We can't find anyone to move it its so big
Me: (yeah no kidding its freakin big) Yes, it is, I hit it with my car
Her: do you want me to fill out an incident report? We have someone coming to move it on Monday (yep, that boulder was still there last night)
Me: Well I would like you to but I have somewhere I HAVE to be so I can't stay around to do that, can I give you my name and number and if anything is wrong with it, come take care of it then (I know, I know all you groaners out there...I know)
Her: yes, that would be fine....
Okay, so, so far, nothing is wrong with my car. It has a few scratches on the bumper and the lights and all of that are fine. Later this week I am going to take it in and see if it is even close to being aligned but other than that it drives just fine. I think because I wasn't going fast at all, I was just pulling into the parking lot and I actually just PUSHED the boulder with my cool and hurky car and I didn't smack it with any speed or velocity, I didn't do any damage. If I'd have been going very fast, who knows. Thank you Lord I was creeping along trying to find the outlet out of that parking lot. Want to know what John said when I told him I hit a boulder?
Oh.....ok......(he said later he wasn't surprised, the enemy had been trying to keep us from doing that worship night for weeks and weeks) Later on he did say...
How did you not see that boulder? (that was truly said in an inquiring sort of voice)
My response???? I have no idea!!!!!!!
Oh well....life just never gets boring around here does it?
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment