I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time....

I'm feeling sentimental...

I know, I know...what's new huh?  I mean, aren't I always like that?  I think I DO spend an inordinate amount of time looking back, enjoying the memories, thinking about what my life was like "back then" even when back then was last week!!!  haha!

I was at the grocery store this morning and ran into a girl I knew a long long time ago, this is the second time that has happened where I run into someone I haven't seen in many years, and we got to laughing about getting older because I had written my grocery list on paper towel, and how I walk into a room and can't remember what I went in there for and she said, well, I blame it on my brain being too full! hmmmm.......Isn't THAT the truth?!

I am constantly surprised at how quickly life flies, flees, passes and how much I have had to process in this past year, (and its only 8 months completed).  As I drove home from the grocery store I started thinking about the things that have happened this year.

1. In January dad passed away
2. February/March a big trip and wedding in Florida
3. April the announcement of grandbaby number 3 and Matt and Lindsay move to Oregon
4. May I got sick, missed my sister trip and had to do a slew of tests to find nothing wrong with me, we had
    a (we didn't know it then) final camping trip with Tami Olson
5. June began 8 weeks of Love Dare (can you say HARD?)
6. July - life blew up in my face, John and I took our first camping trip alone. Really great. Brynlee was born    
    amidst issues of being breech and low fluid levels. Saw some old classmates
7. August the Millers visit, Lindsays mom is here, Matts 5th sobriety b'day, our anniversary, we went camping
    alone for the first time at Diamond Lake.

Okay so to say I am feeling sentimental about this year, this past 8 months is something isn't it? I mean, when you look at what has been happening...its shocking...and even as I write that I think, wow, I wonder if people wrote stuff down that had been happening in their lives, stressors, celebrations and the like, they'd be surprised! I didn't write down nearly all of the big events that happened, like two memorials, two weddings and the upcoming move and empty nest that is on my horizon.  Yes, I have much to be sentimental about!

Enjoy! I am going camping with my honey one more time this weekend and hang out with the Bales Fam.  It'll be fun, especially since I am so aware of the passage of time these days!

One of our little friends who kept us company all week.

At our favorite tree at Crater Lake. 

The 4 of us, Mike, Nancy, John and I at Crater Lake. 

Me n Nancy. We don't have very many pics of the two of us.

One of our last days there we took a ride to the bridge over Silent Creek 

Yes....inside our "home"

At Silent Creek....

No comments: