I used to love fall. That is, before we had short summers! I look outside at the clouds and the waning sun that is really showing its leanings toward the south and just think, oh boy, I am so not ready for the rainy season. This summer I have been outside at every opportunity, often just to work in the flower bed, mow the lawn or hang out, even if it isn't sunny I am usually outside. I guess because I just don't want to let go of this season quite yet. Its been far too brief!
I DO have some wonderful things to look forward to. First of all there is my birthday that I am spending with my sisters in Boise! I am very excited to make the trip with Connie over there and spend time with our sister Penny (and maybe Teri, Carol can't make it) and her family and just have a good sister time. We are making plans to buy dresses and celebrate in style! Then there is the birth of grandbaby number 3 that I am very excited about as we will not only add one more precious baby to the family (we are growing by leaps and bounds) but a boy to boot! Wow! I am looking forward to watching them all grow up together!
I am looking around my house and beginning a list of fall jobs to do when the weather is crummy and I am stuck indoors. The list is already quite long and includes things like painting windowsills and doorways, cleaning out the entertainment center and redoing the guest bathroom. I have a lot of little things I need to get to but am putting off until I am forced to be inside with nothing to do. Yep, I will most likely do some massive furniture rearranging at the same time! haha!
So, with nothing very impactful or eventful to blog about (just trying to get back into the blogging mode) I will venture out and get ready for work. I have this amazing house I get to take care of in Newport and once a month one of my besties, Nancy, and I, have lunch and catch up on things so I have a wonderfully busy day because after that its shopping for our camping trip and then home and worship team.......long day!
No comments:
Post a Comment