Will life ever slow down???? SERIOUSLY?????!!!!!!!!
In the last 4 days we have gone to church (leading worship), had a family luncheon, packed Aaron's stuff in cars for the move to Springfield, put away all the stuff off the deck in the back yard (John did that), painted our bedroom (still have plans for the bathrooms), got up early Monday morning and drove to Springfield in two separate vehicles so we could help Aaron get most of his goodies to his apartment, the three of us unloaded three vehicles and carted all the stuff up a flight of stairs, we went to a District Conference, spent good times seeing some old friends and making a few new ones, stayed up late chatting with our awesome pastors, went to a bunch of sessions, sermons, etc, shopped, drove, had breakfast with Arte and Julie and sat with my parents while they ate lunch and went shopping at Costco and drove home, unloaded the rigs and then we collapsed! I am leaving out a bunch of stuff and fluff but you get the gist? BUSY!
I came home with a few things that the Lord spoke into my heart though and that was great. I got to spend time with people that I love and that was great. I got 3 days with my hubby and that was great! SO worth it. I got to see my mom and papa and that too was so nice. I have a lot I want to write about, I have been doing a lot of absorbing for days now and am nowhere near close to processing it all but I wanted to say, yes, John and I have been running around being busy beavers. The house is in dire need of being cleaned, the bathrooms painted, and beds set up in the spare rooms but, I am determined to take it a little at a time. My amazing husband keeps saying, keeps reminding me..."we are so blessed, I am sure we are getting some one elses blessings!" its not easy but it is great!
Something I DO want to say real quick before I toddle off to bed to enjoy a soft bed...My heart is full, my life may be crazy busy but in the middle of it all, I can sense the Lord teaching me some very important things and I am doing so much thinking its insane. The whole way home from Eugene today I thought about the conference and what I learned from it, took away from it. I realized, with all the gentleness the Lord says something to our hearts, that I don't often act intentional when I am in the community. What do I mean by that? I don't make intentional choices when I am in the store that will be ones of reaching out to another person in the love of Jesus. I don't think about what kinds of things I can do to be a light as often as I should or could. I stay in my safe little world with my own family around me. Pastor Arte said something in a rather casual conversation we were having at dinner one day, I was telling him about something I have been praying about and trying to "work out the details" about, the logistics and when I told him about it, he said, you know what you do when you move out in faith? when you step out and do something you aren't quite sure about? You RISK....say what????? I know you are thinking....of course Lucy! Of COURSE! But for me, it was a new word, a new way of thinking about the challenges of stepping out to do something I am feeling the call to do. R....I....S....K....scary but true! So, here I am, back to praying about it but with a new question, "do you want me to risk in this area Lord?" hmmmmmm.......
Be intentional, RISK.....
Be intentional, LOVE....
Be intentional, GIVE...
No comments:
Post a Comment