I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Friday, February 5, 2010

My day

It was a social day today I guess.  I had had plans to get together with my friend Julie to "play" at her house. Occasionally we will just sit and scrap and talk and just be gals...I've even stopped by her house and had a major meltdown before! I actually didn't go over cuz Jules thought she was gonna work so I made plans to go to Newport and get my grocery shopping done.  By the way, I remember when my grocery budget, with 6 of us, was 250.00 a month! Nowhere near that now! Anyway, I had to go get gas before going to town so I ran up to the shop and ended up chatting with Dene for about 1/2 hour and then headed to Newport...I was praying my way up there, which I often do, and as I was praying for my little grandbaby that is due in August I found myself calling it "he", I kinda had to chuckle at myself.  I stopped in at the Local Scrapbooking Store and chatted with Nancy and Lisa up there for quite awhile. What great gals they are and Nancy is so encouraging to me to keep at it when it comes to trying out for a design team or for getting a card or something "published". It is nice to have those people in my life and I have MANY of them.  I got my shopping done and jetted home so I could run over to Bryce and Kaylee's before she headed for work (she put her 2 wk notice in yesterday) so I could give them a Baby's First Calendar that I found and got for her. I had one with the each of the kids and it was so great, made recording those "firsts" so much easier. I got home and started working on a card and then there was a knocking on the door, Dene dropped in to visit some more for awhile. We didn't come even close to catching up but it was so nice to sit and talk like we used to do.  John got home, she took off for home and miss Alexis walked in the back door! Then, soon after, Aaron walked in the door! Then a little bit later...Bryce and Lu stopped in for a hello.

Speaking of Lucy. Yesterday I watched her while Kales worked.  At one point she wanted to sit in my big rocker, I had been rocking with her on my lap but she wanted in there alone so I put her in my chair and laid her beloved bear on her lap and, since she waved me away, I walked over to the nearby dining room so I could keep an eye on her.  I love to watch her and she entertains me so much! She sat there and began to rock, singing to herself "rock a baby, tee top, down, papa, rock a baby down" over and over again. I grabbed my cell phone and zoomed as much as I could and videoed it! What a hoot! You can hear her singing away to herself and just having so much fun, holding bear and singing to him.  I just love her so much and am praising God for her incredible brain and joyful spirit.  When papa got home, she was playing with some blocks, bringing them over to me and lining them up, telling me their colors, and I heard the front door. I said, "Lu, who's here?" and she literally SCREAMED with joy. She got so excited she was beside her self and once she collected herself she took off running to find him. She ran til she got to him and then stopped and started talking a mile a minute, telling him all about her day.  To say he beamed, is putting it mildly as he heard her scream in excitement when he walked in the door.

Well, I better go, I need to sit with the fam.....

1 comment:

Small Change said...

I want a baby! Mine are getting so big. I miss all that innocent exploration of themselves they do. Good going grams.