I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A little o this and a little o that.....

I haven't got much time but I wanted to write something in here anyway. I cleaned a new house today, HUGE HUGE and gorgeous house...wowzers.  The first time I was in it was at night and when I walked into the living room all I could see was a wall of windows and the hugest skyline of Newport I have ever seen! Oh man! I just wanted to stand there and enjoy.  Today it was a beautiful and sunny day with the most beautiful blue sky, again I looked out these incredible windows and then actually realized that I could also see the ocean from there! WOW! Amazing!  It was a fun house to do, lots of hard work and I am very worn out but I turned on some music and just enjoyed listening to it while cleaning.

We have a busy season coming up.  My sis and her hubby will be here on Sunday (VALENTINES DAY), I have a busy two weeks of work ahead and then John and I will be leaving for Philly and then to the wedding. I am so ready to have Matt and Lindsay within driving distance!  John and I are going to do the Love Dare with a small group of people once we get home and get settled back from the trip. I am looking forward to it.

Today as I was cleaning I walked into the kitchen to get something and there was a new video by Carrie Underwood on, called "Temporary Home." As the story unfolded in the song, it talked about a little boy who kept going from foster home to foster home but his attitude was, "its ok, its my temporary home" and then on to a woman who had had a hard life but said, that's okay, its my temporary home...ok, until now I'm thinking, this is a really nice song and I know where she's going but I stopped and watched the vid for the last verse and it showed her running into a hospital to a room with a lot of people standing outside, they usher her into a room with an old man laying in the bed and she's sits down and says, "thanks for  waiting for me" and he reaches out and says "I wouldn't leave without saying goodbye" and she leans in for a hug and begins to cry. They talk for a few seconds and he tells her "I love you and its okay, this was my temporary home"....by this time I am a sobbing mess!  It took me a good long while to recover from that song but the good thing? I had some good honest time with the Lord as a result.

Sometimes I am not sure what I am doing in this grieving thing and a few times I have told the Lord I am a little mad at Him...When I told my friend Kris that this Sunday as we sat on the stage steps during a break and I cried AGAIN, she just smiled at me...yep, KT, He CAN handle it!  I have learned, over the years, that the best thing I can do with the Lord is to be honest with Him and that He is definitely big enough to deal with my anger, hurt, frustration and all that goes with living this life.  He is so GOOD!  I am working through a lot and I have to tell you, I am really grateful for the diversion of a wedding and a visit to our friends, we need to get away for some FUN!!!

Gotta run, we have worship team and I don't have my shoes on!

PW...its Alfretta and Gene!

No comments: