It has only been a couple of days but I feel like I am neglecting something! Whazzup with that? It has been busy around here and our little 16 month tornado named Lucy has been around so, instead of doing anything computer, I just hang out with her and watch her learn. WHAT A BLAST!
I have to admit, I am really tired of the weather lately! Kinda early in the winter to be wishing it away I know but I enjoyed the sunshine and dry weather and blue skies so much that when the rain hits I just look at it and groan! I DID get a new coat for the rain this year so that hasn't been as much of a pain when going outside.
I haven't scrapped that much except to play with my new machine that Matty bought me for Christmas! I am learning how to use it properly and get some really cute stuff from it. I have a new little project in mind but haven't had the chunk of time I need to get cracking on it. I HAVE been crocheting though and almost have a new purse made! Yep! I am making a purse. I ran out of yarn though so am gonna have to run to Freddies and get a few more skeins to finish the handle and then I will make a lining for it. My sister Penny gifted me with some really cool fabric from the Quilt Museum that we visited when the four of us sisters were in Nebraska and I have been thinking about making something with that but I don't want to cut into it until I know WHAT! Another purse maybe? I dont know. I have so enjoyed crocheting that I think I am gonna look for some more patterns to make a few more things before the winter is over. Its funny, when I have tried to make a simple square...I can't, it gets all lopsided, but I have made several bags and they come out great!
I opened my bible to read it and came upon this verse that obviously I have read, since it is underlined and highlighted but I honestly don't remember it... I am SO gonna have to spend some time in it and look at the WHOLE of the scripture.
James 3:13-18
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. (theres that word again! it also means, practice what you preach)
But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above but is earthly, sensual and demonic.
For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. (uh-oh)
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
WHAT!!! I am reading that and thinking...ok that explains why every time John and I have an argument in which I want my way, it never works out for me! What a great roadmap! My bible says it this way in the footnotes:
"In contrast to the heavenly wisdom that produces an atmosphere of peace, in which the seed of righteousness will grow, earthly wisdom causes chronic interpersonal warfare. The source is a contentious, selfish nature!"
Isn't that something? It makes sense though in such a wonderful and practical way. If I want peaceability in my life, if I want good fruit and righteousness in my life...I will have to put into practice the truth of Gods word. It won't be easy and it won't be something I will even come close to WANTING or FEELING but it CAN be something I can allow to transform my life as I begin to go to the Lord and as I begin to make the adjustments necessary to what I do and how I act. Isn't that great?
1 comment:
Hey Luc, what to say to you, or about you or for you. I am amazed by you. Each time I read your blog I wish we did not live 500 miles apart. I would love to have a person like you here to study the bible to help me understand the way you do. To know where to look. I will admit I have not been very good about trying to find anyone but it is hard with something I feel is so personal. I love you Lucy keep writing it gives me pause.
Post a Comment