OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT???? Do you ask? Whats wrong? Why OMG????? Well, John and I bit the bullet and bought the plane tickets to Matt and Lindsays wedding that will be taking place in March. Why so early you might ask? We found them for, what all the seasoned travellers in the family say, a steal, so we went ahead and got them. We also noticed they were starting to come up and it was beginning to make us very nervous, especially since we are also purchasing Ryan and Aarons tickets. We ARE excited!
Ever since Thane and Becky left, John has been talking about seeing them so last week we started kidding around about going to see them on the way to Florida. I started playing around on the travel website that is run by Rovia, and found out I could get tickets added into our whole trip for just a little bit more so we went ahead and got them! We will be stopping by Philly/New Jersey to see them for a couple of days before heading down to Florida to celebrate with the kids! What a great time I think it will be. I was telling John that we will have to pack light since they now charge for luggage and he said, "um, Lucy, we will be in New Jersey in Feb and Florida in March, we will HAVE to pack a few warm things!" oh maaaaannnnn! I hadn't thought of that! hahahaha! I am planning on one carry on and thats it, I think I will have to ship a suitcase down to Florida and then have Matt and Lindsay bring it back with them when they move here! haha!
Ryan hit a deer last night on his way home from school. Luckily he wasn't going as fast as he might have been (one of the downfalls of driving the same road week after week is the things that can happen to you on that said road) and he was somewhat prepared by a sense of the fact that he saw her in a split second and knew that she was going to run into the road and with no time to stop and the wisdom to not swerve, he hit and killed her instantly. His truck passenger fender got some damage but some awesome people stopped to help him out and make sure he was okay (thank the Lord for nice people like that, its not the first time its happened for him) and he limped home. He took it up to his grandparents house this morning to have his papa look at it and pull the front fender away from his tire so it wouldn't rub. He was sorta bummed by it but in true Ryan fashion, he took it with a great sense of "oh well" and was fine by this morning. I think, at some point soon, he will need to get himself another vehicle, especially since he has another 8 months or so of school. The Lord protected him and I am grateful.
I don't know how many of you read my good friend Julie Overby's blog, but I would encourage you to hop on over there and look at the pics of our new church she has there and while there, check out their really cute puppy and awesomely beautiful children, not to mention her incredible cards. Just click on the Mini Moments link on the right side of this blog near the bottom of the link list in order to get there and check it out. She has been so good for me to get me going on scrapping and to be there to craft with, talk about stuff that makes no sense to other people (unless they scrap) and just generally talk paper crafts. She always inspires me to keep going and to keep having fun with it.
Well its back to work tomorrow! I have to finish getting the spare bedroom painted as I have gotten it about 1/2 done and then just stopped and I have laundry to fold and cupboards to clean out as I have managed to accumulate half empty boxes and things like that that take up lots of our cupboard space that I am needing. John and I went to Costco yesterday in Albany and finding room to put things away was nearly impossible, in fact, this morning, I couldn't remember where in the world I put my instant breakfast! That convinced me that its time to get cleaning done! Now if I can just find my ambition! hahahaha!
1 comment:
i cannot tell you how excited i am that you are coming to visit!! I am already counting the days!!! i love you so much!
Post a Comment