I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Ramblings...

Often times I find myself wondering where in the world has the time gone?  I look at my days, at my weeks, months and years and I think, what was I doing when all that time was passing?  I think it must be a symptom of getting older.  I watch Lu and am amazed that our kids were ever that little. I listen to her chatter as she looks at a book, figuring out the world beyond her own little self and I watch her play with her bear and call it bear and hug it and love it. Its so much fun to have her around and she reminds me every day that I was a pretty good mom! Sounds kinda funny I know but its true. I remember all the things I used to do with our kids, reading them books, holding them on my lap and cuddling, playing patty cake and teaching them how to talk and think and figure things out for themselves and I am proud of being a stay at home mom.

I've started doing a little bit of scrapping again. I sent out a few cards today, unfortunately I forgot to take pics of them b4 I sent them out. I hope, as the weather begins to change, to get going on it again. I think I might go get a few supplies just to get myself inspired. Usually all it takes is a couple pieces of paper.  I've been surfing the net for inspiration and have some sites that I just love to go and visit. Melissa Phillips is one of my favorite designers as well as Melissa Francis. I also love to go to Pagemaps and get design ideas.  One reason I haven't done as much this summer is that every single chance I get and the weather is decent, I am outside, enjoying the sunshine. I am glad that I grabbed those chances because this has felt like a very very short summer season.

John and I enjoyed our short time away this past weekend. It was quiet and so nice in the "resort" we stayed in. We did have a little "episode" when, at 5 am, a loud and obnoxious beeping began, waking us up from a sound sleep.  It kept beeping and beeping so John got up and looked at it, it was the gas detector meter thingy that kept saying it was detecting gas in the trailer.  John couldn't smell it and he couldn't figure out how to mute it (there is a mute button but it, apparently only mutes long enough for you to get back into bed and comfortable before it goes off again) finally, after about 3 times of repeatedly muting it and hopping back into bed, he just got the screwdriver out and disabled the whole thing.  The downfall?  I went right back to sleep and he laid there, wondering why it was detecting gas and worrying.  Ahhhhh.....life in a trailer! hahaha!

Day after tomorrow Bryce and Kales are leaving for their 2nd honeymoon trip and we will have Lucy for a week! I am looking forward to having her around, she is a joy to me, but I know it will stretch me and make me more aware of just how unbabyproofed my house really is!  It should be fun though as her uncles are totally entertained by her and with her and her papa adores her and will help me with her.  We will be moving Aaron this weekend and will have to see how that works out, what with Lu n all. We are planning, hoping to stay with Mike and Nancy and go to church then see my big sis and bro on Sunday. Either way, I plan to see them but the other, (in making our plans we forgot Lu) we will see about! Oops! hahahaha!

No comments: