This has been a week of mixed emotions! I feel like each time I turn around I am wanting to cry! Yes, I think it is partly because the school bus is driving by our house and no one is going to school in this house. Its partly because little Miss Lu is now 1, my sweet daughter turned 23 this summer, Matty came home from Iraq and I just can't accept that one of my best pals is so far away and I so achingly miss her.
I am also starting to realize that my baby is moving out soon. Now if you would have talked to me a few weeks ago I would have been celebrating it because somehow, when a child is getting ready to fly the coop, they get annoyingly independently frustratingly sloppy, bossy, ignorant and just plain lazy. But, in the last week, Aaron has begun to take out the trash without being asked, do the dishes or put his stuff away and take care of his laundry. He sat down next to me a couple nights ago and gave me his move out date...ugh. Today John admitted that as it gets closer, he is hurting, he is sad and he is missing his youngest already. I, on the other hand, am just not able to even really imagine him gone...not here every day to bother me, to tease me, to make me smile and make me laugh and make me want to smack him on the arm. I adore him so much. He is a wonderful young man with a deep, tender heart. I watch him with his little neice and it is so much fun to see how sweet and loving he is with her. I see him be so kind to his girlfriend and revel in his growth this summer that taught him a good lesson on treating her with respect and gentleness. He's still Aaron but I am seeing wonderful glimpses of the man I always knew the Lord would form him into. It is exciting because he is ready to go and SHOULD go but it is hard to imagine the change it will bring to our lives. Some good, some not so good and some, well, some that just ARE. Yes, we've had all our kids move in and out and I don't imagine us with an empty house for a few more years and yet, well, in a way I am ready and in a way, I can't imagine any other life than the one I have had for the last 25 years, ones with babies, school, and all that goes with it. Now we sit back and watch all the wonderful and not so wonderful choices our kids make!
On another note: our little Lu is funner and funner to have around. She comes over here to my computer, puts her hand out to my keyboard and shakes her head no no no! it is funny because she knows she isn't to touch it and yet she just can't stop herself. Just now she reached out to grab Aarons phone off his chest all the while looking at him and shaking her head no. A few minutes ago, knowing she wasn't to touch the remotes, kept pointing up at the entertainment center in order to distract him so she could touch, just with her fingertip...oh uncle aaron its just a little touch! hahaha! The funniest? She saw her lovey bear on the floor and picked it up, getting all excited and happy to see him and was squeezing him and walking with wild abandon. Unfortunately, there was a chair in her way that she did not see because Teddy was in her face and she literally clotheslined herself and went flying! It was hilarious! Aaron and I watched her do it and just started laughing our heads off, he even had to hide his face he was laughing so hard! She is such a crackup! No, she didn't hurt herself at all and even looked up from the floor and started giggling at us as if to say, "oh, oops, I fell down!"
John and I are hoping to go camping alone this weekend and have some time away before spending the next weekend moving Aaron and hopefully seeing Mike and Nancy and going to their church. It will be time to return back to the usual routine. Whatever that is......

No comments:
Post a Comment