I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

another day in the life of Lucy squared...


What an eventful day we have had! Having a one year old in the house certainly does spice things up a bit, especially THIS one, she's quite adventurous!  I spent many moments just laughing at her antics and enjoying being with her.  I know her mommy and daddy miss her, but I am having so much fun!  We went grocery shopping today and she reminded me so much of her uncle Ryan when he was little, just a chattering away and with such a sweet spirit she is much like her mama. At one point she wandered off into the kitchen just singing away to herself, packing her damp washrag (she loves to carry around wet washrags...go figure) and enjoying her own company. I went around the corner to check on her and called her name, scaring the dickens out of her! She got this wide eyed sort of screamy look on her face and started to laugh.  We even shared a joke today! I was feeding her some mac and cheese and when she got full she started to drop it off the tray, smiling at grammy. I scolded her and told her no and she stopped but right at that moment I set the bowl of mac and cheese on the end table, only I didn't actually hit the table and the whole bowl of macaroni hit the floor. I went, OH, and looked right at her and she looked me right in the eye and started giggling! Yep, she got it! Too funny.

The weather is so wonderful right now but there is the feel of fall in the air isn't there?  I am enjoying the sunshine and mourning the end of summer. I always feel this way.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fall, the colors are some of my faves (all of you know I love orange) and I like cold crisp mornings and I am ready to get my sweaters out again.  I am NOT ready for the rainy days and the wet wind and grey skies. I think I am clinging to the summer more this year than ever before in the past, probably for a lot of reasons that aren't appropriate to blog about but simply put, this summer wasn't anything like I had thought or even hoped it would be, not all bad at all, just not...

The days are closing in also on Aaron living here. He will be moving into a 3 bedroom home with our good friends, Mike and Nancy Lawrences son, Eric and a friend of Erics. I am happy for him to get started on his college and his independant life.  So much of the things that I had taught the older kids, I didn't really get to teaching Aaron, I think thats because he's the baby! haha! He had to ask his dad if he needed a stamp on the envelope that he was sending to the scholarship foundation. Not a dumb child, just a child that has never mailed a thing on his own in his life! um.....yep....thats what I said!  Anyway, it will be an education for him and maybe mommy might get a few calls from him?  Or, knowing him, maaaayyyybe not!

Bryce and Kaylee are having a great time away from it all. As I said, they opted to go camping and sightseeing in our beautiful great state and after spending the night in Seaside they made their way to Detroit Lake. Yep, I got lots of texts a few pictures and a bedtime phone call for Lu but it sounds like they are spending their time enjoying each other and random moments missing Lu. I don't blame them, she's pretty easy to miss, but I am so very glad they are able to have this "honeymoon" time.

Okay, I don't know if any of you are enjoying my updates on my grammy time but I sure am loving having it!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm enjoying you updates, grammy! I enjoy all your ramblings, sometimes laughing and sometimes teary-eyed and always missing you. Yes, I'm jealous of your grandma life, being myself the far-away grandma to every single one of my grandchildren, but I still rejoice for you, blessed and favored woman of God! :) Couldn't love you more! (P.S. What happened to the cruise??)