I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Service this morning

This morning at church John and I got some "time off" from leading worship and instead played with our granddaughter. It was fun. My favorite time of the service was when Pastor Arte had us break up into small groups of 3 to share something specific. I don't like doing this usually, I think it dates back to school days when we go through that, will I get picked or not thing. I was sitting next to Ryan's girlfriend Brianna and as per Artes instructions couldn't grab my hubby, so I put my arm around B-nana and then called up to the next row, "Hey Jay, come join us, we want you in our group" so our group became me, Bri and Jay (who is 15). The assignment was to share with each other something special that the Lord has taught us, a revelation, or what one thing does it mean that we can have as we follow Jesus? After about 10 minutes we got back into our seats (well, I never left mine) and Arte called a few people up to share what they had learned from each other. Some shared that before the Lord came into their lives they were fearful and what it means to walk with the Lord now. There were some who talked about how the Lord had made them better fathers and some who shared about how we are able to gain the wisdom we need or get through dark times...it was good stuff.

I loved hearing what Bri and Jay shared. Bri talked about how the Lord had shown her that during the year when she had had a scary man following her around and watching her that He had kept her safe and sound and He had given her pity for the man who had once terrorized her. Jay shared that he had been placed in a great family who loved him and though he wasn't living with his parents, his Uncle Levi and Aunt Robin had been very good to he and his younger brother Joe. He could see how the Lord had taken care of him to keep him safe now and had taken him out of some very very bad situations and put him in a good place. I shared how the Lord had also shown me that in spite of the things of my life in the past that I had been cared for, loved and given many good and wonderful gifts. I am so grateful for the voices of these two "youngsters" (Bri turns 19 tomorrow!!!!!) and for their wisdom and for what the Lord taught them and for what they knew from Him. That is an awesome and mighty thing to see Him work in the lives of people whom I care about. I have known Bri since she was 8, wow, is that 11 years? Holy cow! and it is wonderful to see this beautiful young woman grow up the way she is, even better that she is sharing the heart of my precious son.

Yesterday we went and looked at 5th wheel and camp trailers. It was a really fun day for us as we needed some time away together very badly. We found a few we liked, one in particular, but made no purchases yet at this time. We need to wait and see what happens but it was fun to look and to find what we wanted as far as 5th wheels, we also looked in a lot of trailers, finding only 2 that had a floorplan that we even remotely liked although there WAS one that was really pretty darn cool inside with the neatest cabinets made out of beautiful dark cherry wood and glad sliding doors, very ultra modern. The bathroom was really pretty too with teal wall paper that looked like paint and was really huge. It was a neat travel trailer but not enough space at all for us.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am trying to imagine a Diamond Lake trip without you in it! But I do want to know what "glad sliding doors" are!! ;) I'm glad you and John had some "down time" over the weekend. Love you always!