I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Since I don't feel like juggling pics around in this blog I am letting them be at the beginning. This one here is in the front of the house, in my red white and blue garden. I love it! see the red and white old fashioned roses and the blue lithodora.


These flowers are called Three Birds Flying and I have had them for years! My If you look at the bloom on the stem it looks like birds flying on the stem and it is cool!


Daisies, daisies daisies, I have a massive bunchadaisies!

double snaps...Ryans favorites are snap dragons and these are ones John and he bought while I was on retreat this spring. I love these, they are so unique, I have 5 colors but this one is one of my faves.

Oh man...luscious and gorgeous and incredible these rose blooms were part of Bryce and Kaylees wedding last year as we scattered them all over the tables, the cakes and such as that. Whenever I see them I remember our beautiful daughter and her wonderfully beautiful wedding!

I have this favorite blog that I love to go to a lot. I've been visiting it for about a year now and it is linked to one of my other favorite blogs by Melissa Francis...Man oh man do I love Melissa Francis scrapping stuff. This blog though, the one I mentioned first is by a lady named Sherelle Richardson and I started visiting it because she is in Idaho and as I look at all of her awesome photos, I am transported back home to Idaho, I think that is why I love it so much. She takes some gorgeous pics I must say, and I have, many times, tried to simulate what she does in her photos. She also does lots of other things like sewing, gardening (they own a farm) and she loves antiques and old things and also lots of canning and baking. Her life reminds me so much of when I was little. I can look at her pics and feel the warm breezes of Idaho on my face. So, taking an idea from her, I want to post a couple of recipes on my blog. I have loads of photos I could add but I didn't think to take one of my dessert one so you will just have to imagine it! hahaha! I will take pics tomorrow if the sun comes out. I promise. oh, that blog is called, www.sherellechristensen.typepad.com give it a shot!

So, on to the recipes, I am a huge fan of fast food made by me so anytime I can find a meal that I can put together in 30 minutes or less (yes I LOVE Rachael Ray) I am all for trying it, this one is one of Johns newest faves:

Ravioli Bolognese
1 pkg. Frozen Rosetto Brand Ravioli or Tortellini
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 med. onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
1/4 cu. chicken broth (or red wine if you have it)
1 can (4 oz) mushrooms, drained (I didn't have these so I used fresh)
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp Oregano or Thyme

Prepare pasta as directed. One thing about it, DONT boil the pasta, put it in boiling water and turn the burner down letting the pasta cook gently in the water for 5 min or so.

Meanwhile, for sauce, place oil in pan and heat. Add ground beef and brown. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until soft. Mix in remaining ingredients. Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to tast and serve over prepared pasta. Serves 6, or in my case, John, the 2 boys, and me!

I just made this awesomelicious dessert the other night and ho boy, it is a new fave for this house.

Choco Vanilla Layered Ice Cream Pie
1 1/2 cups crushed Whoppers Malted Milk Balls
2 cups (1 pt) vanilla ice cream and same amount in chocolate, softened
Hersheys Hot fudge topping
9-inch graham cracker crust

add 3/4 cup crushed whoppers to vanilla ice cream and spoon into crust. Allow to set in freezer for 1/2 hour or so. Do the same thing to the chocolate ice cream and spoon onto the vanilla, allow to set for up to 3 hours in freezer. When ready to serve cut into pie pieces and drizzle hot fudge sauce and whipped topping over the pieces...YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!


So today I worked my little hiney off. I love doing this beach house because one, I KNOW it is clean when I leave because I vacuum up about 10 lbs of cat hair and the other reason, it is full of pretty furniture and decor and it is light and cheery and just really a nice place to be. It is one of my favorite houses I clean. The other reason is that the home owners are always so grateful and so intentional in their praise that it just feels good to make sure that I get the house done well for them. Its a 4 hour house with stairs so yes, I am whipped when I get done, but its nice to have that completed, knowing they will enter, sniff and go, ahhhhhhhh.......

Aaron is going to go to the jam this weekend! KT, keep your eyes peeled if ya know what I mean! He is going with uncle J and aunt Dene as a grad gift. Funny, I didn't know he even liked Country! haha! It will be quiet around here without him, he even helped me make dinner tonight. Ryan has been working like a dog all week long and every day he looks more and more tired. He goes to school tomorrow and then will have a day off before heading back to work. Good thing he's young huh?

I read ALL the Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum novels that I had and so enjoyed each and every one of them. I spent a good deal of time laughing and just enjoying her exploits. I think, if I were a bounty hunter, I would be just like her! hahaha! Our dad has another infection and is now receiving Zithromax for treatment. The infection seems to be the same one he had earlier this month when we went to see him and will continue to be something he fights as he has the gall bladder stent deal going. Please pray for him and for wisdom for us as we make decisions about his health care.

Last year at this time we were making our final preparations to go to Diamond Lake. I am sad that we aren't returning and it is looking as though a vacation isn't in the cards for us this summer, proving to be a difficult pill to swallow, at least for me. I am praying that we can go later on in the early fall should the opportunity arise, or, who knows, John might just get the bug and take off...although I seriously doubt it. :o(

1 comment:

Small Change said...

Your flowers are just beautiful. I will even give your recipe a try. Keep on writing. Im lovin every minute of it. love your big sis