My scrappy place before it had all the goodies in it! In no particular order, only because I want to crack my computer on the ground for not doing what I want!
My husband can build just about anything! I mean it...he has built cabinets, end tables, dressers, coffee table, desks, installed floors and windows, built an entire room, a huge entertainment center, armoire, vanities, and so much more. Our house is what it is today because he has never been afraid to try something new and when he didn't know how to do it right, he would ask someone who did or enlist their help. The result? A house that has his touch on every single surface...and I love it. He is incredible...
This little spot in the corner of the kitchen is one of my favorite places in our house. I love it, I sit facing the flower beds out in the yard with two amazing and sunny windows. Lots of inspiration happening outside those windows! I can sit here and have, at my finger tips, all the things I have collected over the past couple of years and just create or think or listen to music. It is such a cozy corner. Guess who picked out the color? MY HUBBY!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
One of my favorite places to visit for inspiration is Melissa Francis website at http://www.melissafrances.com/ . I just love her designs and the designs of her team. WOW! Beautiful soft colors, wonderful design and just such beauty I will often pull it up and just sit and look at the stuff that she makes, getting ideas and learning some new techniques that I hadn't thought of, plus she does a lot of things that look old fashioned and I am a huge fan of OLD! I made this card from one on her website, with the most DE-licious paper...yes, it is so last year, but I don't care, I love love love the colors in it...its the Sonoma line from Scenic Route, one of my favorite companies.
A few weeks ago, or was it a month ago already? My good friend Julie and I (the one who got me addicted to paper crafting and the one who inspires me to grow in this area) bought and split a couple of packs from the Create My Keepsakes website, the sale was PHENOMENAL, getting 200 plus $$ in goodies for 1/4 the price! MAN OH MAN!!! I came home, so excited, that I put all my other, perfectly good paper away and put this all out in its place with out taking a single picture of all my goodies...it would have blown you away!!! These cards are made from some of it. Most of the paper, is of course, Scenic Route, and the embellishments are from a variety of places. My new love? This old fashioned "ribbon" with the teeny weeny pom poms on it. I remember pillows on our couch with these things on them! My sister made the request for me to make her a thank you card for someone in the church who has been so faithful about bringing goodies to church each and every Sunday. WOW, what a lady! that is the Thanks! card you see.
Often I will sit and "labor" over a card or, more rarely, a layout (I don't do them as often) and the other day I was thinking about that and why that is. Does it have to be perfect? Who measures perfection? What am I saying about my gifts if I am unwilling to express them unless they are exhibited in perfection? I had this divine inspiration then. I was reminded that I really could pray for ideas if I wanted to! haha! I mean, I go all over the web looking for ideas and something to strike me when I could just turn to the Lord and ask Him to annoint my imagination! I want that spark ignited by Him! It suddenly became something I had to try. I am getting set to do that as soon as I finally publish this blog (been at it for an hour... now you know why I don't add pics all that often haha!) Wish me well...
Tomorrow I will show you a sneak peek at a quilt that was donated by a woman at our church, Paulette, it is wonderful and beautiful and I can't wait to show it off. She donated it for us to help raise some money for Bryce and Kaylee and the medical costs and such that they are incurring. Bryce is talking to his boss today about what is going to be happening later this month, this boss has been so very understanding of the plight that Bryce has been in but this next needed time off is coming at a very bad time. Who knows what will be decided....It is in the Lords hands.
Please, pray for our dear friend Jodie Gonzales...she is pregnant and went into VERY early labor a few days ago. They stopped it and she is home, but we still need to lift her and the baby up in prayer that she will carry him to full term. He is a surprise little guy, with their youngest being 6ish, but Jodie and Arturo and the kids (not to mention all of her buddies) are really excited for this little one.
2 comments:
OH, I just love you! And have I told you lately how much I miss you???? By the way.....I am SSSSOOOOOOO jealous of your new scrappin' spot!!! Dave saw the pics and was impressed. He agreed a gal needs a "Place" for crafting. I want a spot in my new room if we ever get it done. Even if it is a table with rubbermaid totes sitting next to it!
Talk to you soon!
Your scrappin' space is just amazing Lucy. I think John needs to come to my house and do a 'closet make-over.' LOL!!
Your CARDS darlin', are just AMAZING!!! You just get more and more creative every time I see something from you. AWESOME!!!
We need to get together and 'play' real soon!
Post a Comment