I am a christian. A Bible believing, Jesus loving, Christ following, woman...Saved by Grace, Forgiven by the Blood of our Savior, and walking in His mercy.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yea though I walk....

Last night I was laying in bed...or was that this morning??? It was this morning...Anyway, this morning I was laying in bed, praying for Bryce. John had just returned home from taking him to the emergency room and we were attempting to get a few hours of sleep. I was laying there reviewing the day, thinking about the procedure Bryce had and the news afterward that he had more stuff that had to be done to help his body work right and the subsequent complications of pancreatitis. I thought to myself, man, can't these kids catch a break? I felt burdened for them, my heart aching, wondering how in the world were they ever going to face the bill that was going to come from this whole ordeal, when I heard the Lord say into my heart, "yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me." Oh okay Lord. Fear NOTHING...As I lay there thinking about that scripture and what it means, my heart lightened and I fell asleep, praying and praising on in my heart. I believe God can do a miracle in these circumstances. I know He cares about these two 22 year olds. I know that none of this was a surprise to Him. I don't know how He will provide, how He will work it all out, but I know He will.

Last night, on the way home from Corvallis, our initial trip, Bryce, Kaylee and I started talking about trials, about trust and about what they are doing to handle this stress. They reminded me about a thing they do at the Honor Academy called ESOAL...or Emotionally Stretching Opportunity of A Lifetime...hmmmm.....hmmmm.....They both talked about how that prepared them for this season in their life, because if they could endure that, (and trust me, I've seen the video) then this is really not that bad. WOW! To hear them proclaim the goodness of the Lord, to proclaim that they know He is doing a refining work in them, to teach them something, does a mothers heart good. I think the Lord is teaching the rest of us something too!

So, onward into the day we go, praising God and giving Him the glory He deserves. He spared Bryces life by helping this doctor find the problems in his duct, He spared his life last night when they got him to the hospital and he received treatment and he spared his life when the gall bladder was removed last week. Does any of this make sense? No. I don't think anyone understands why a healthy 22 year old male would have these kinds of problems, but God does. I know He is doing all of this for His purpose and His plan. I know that He is the great provider, He is the one who Saves, Delivers, Heals, Protects, and the One who is Victorious!

These are the words to a song I have loved forever, it is by Aaron Jeffrey...And they are a reminder of who God is and what we can count on from Him and in Him. Bless Your day!

He Is....

In Genesis He’s the breath of life
In Exodus the Passover lamb
In Leviticus He’s our High Priest
Numbers Fire by Night
Deuteronomy He’s Moses voice
In Joshua He is Salvations Choice
Judges Lawgiver
In Ruth the Kinsman Redeemer
1st and 2nd Samuel our Trusted Prophet
In Kings and Chronicles He’s Sovereign
Ezra True and Faithful Scribe
Nehemiah He’s the Rebuilder of Broken Walls and Lives
In Esther He’s Mordecai’s Courage
In Job the Timeless Redeemer
In the Psalms He is Our Morning Song
In Proverbs Wisdoms Cry
Ecclesiastes the Time and Season
In the Song of Solomon He is the Lovers Dream
In Isaiah He’s the Prince of Peace
Jeremiah the Weeping Prophet
Lamentations the Cry for Israel
Ezekiel He’s the Call from Sin
In Daniel the Stranger in the Fire
In Hosea He is Forever Faithful
In Joel He’s the Spirits Power
In Amos the Arms that Carry Us
Obadaiah He’s the Lord Our Savior
In Jonah He’s the Great Missionary
In Micah The Promise of Peace
In Nahum He is Our Strength and Our Shield
In Habbakuk and Zephaniah He’s pleading for Revival
In Haggai He Restores the Lost Heritage
Zechariah Our Fountain
Malachi He’s the Son of Righteousness Rising with Healing In His Wings
In Matthew Mark Luke and John He is God Man Messiah
In the Book of Acts He is Fire From Heaven
In Romans He’s The Grace of God
In Corinthians the Power of Love
In Galatians He is Freedom from the Curse of Sin
Ephesians our Glorious Treasure
Philippians the Servants Heart
In Colossians He’s the Godhead Trinity
Thesselonians Our Coming King
Timothy Titus Philemon He’s Our Mediator and Our Faithful Pastor
In Hebrews the Everlasting Covenant
In James the One who Heals the Sick
In 1st and 2nd Peter He is our Shepherd
In John and in Jude He’s the Lover Coming for His Bride
In the Revelation He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
He is He is He is...
The Prince of Peace
The Son of Man
The Lamb of God
The Great I Am
He’s the Alpha and Omega
Our God and Our Savior
He Is Jesus Christ the Lord and when Time is No More…He IS, He IS!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh Lucy...
This is beautiful. I haven't heard that song in years, but today just reading it and thinking about Kaylee while "Mighty to Save" was playing below at the same time... I was completely in tears. We have been praying and will continue to do so.