Life has been so busy lately that I haven't really had much time to blog. I scrap an occasional card for Dene's shop but I haven't even taken pics of them because I just don't seem to stop long enough to do that! Last night we went to a wrestling meet in town. Our good friends, Thane and Tony are coaching the "little" league wrestlers and it was so fun. Thane and Becky's littlest guy, Gabe, who is now 7 and as skinny as a little rail, runs up to us when we walk in, he jumps up on a chair and gives me a neck wringing hug, then jumps down, when he spots John, he jumps up on his back and wraps his arms around Johns neck (he loves John) and tells him he's gonna kick some butt! haha! This is the most disarming little boy I have encountered since Ryan was little. Anyway, his mama promised him a cupcake if he won his match (I promised him a little babe ruth even if he lost) and he trotted off to wait for his turn on the mat. When he gets out there he just gets so excited, he almost forgot to shake hands with the little girl he was getting ready to wrestle. He ended up pinning her but what a great time he had. The second he was done and had shaken the opposing coaches hand, he runs over to the concession table for his hard earned cupcake. Moments later he comes to me with frosting and chocolate all over his hands and face, what a kick in the pants. He runs off to wash up for his next match, in which he, at one point, was trying to get out of a move, he's on his belly, looking out at his mommy, smiling from ear to ear! I love this little guy. He has four older brothers who are all just as sweet and just as fun to be around.
Basketball has kept us so busy. Aaron plays at least two games a week, if not three, and last week, playing in the game with Toledo, he scored 17 points. It was a great game! Needless to say, John and I are exhausted and trying to just make it through what remains of the season, three weeks of games including senior night. I know though, that at some point, probably the final game on those final moments, it will hit me that this is the last game I will ever see him play in.
As soon as I can, I will take photos and put them on here of my scrappy stuff. I seem to be falling behnd on that front.
1 comment:
So sweet of you to take such joy in my boys. It warms my heart that they mean so much to you. I love ya!!
B.
Post a Comment