How is it possible that such a tiny little being can steal your heart so completely? I wondered that many years ago when I gave birth to our four beautiful children, never once understanding the all consuming love that I felt when I first felt them move and then saw their little faces. It still baffles me today.
Little Lucy has learned to scream. Not that, I am upset and crying scream thing, no this is the, ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhhh......scream of a baby who has figured out that it gets attention of any and all in the room when she screeches. Oh she is funny. Last night, she is in her walker and she begins to scream out. Mommy gently says her name, firmly, and she stops, looking away from mommy, then she looks at her again and begins to scream again...Kaylee even more firmly said, no, Lucy...she then gives her mommy a sideways glance and smiles, looking away. John and I met each others eyes across the room and grinned...yep, and so it begins. She is a smart baby, thats for sure. I can't wait to see what she is like when she actually is talking, I think, as I have said before, that we have a drama queen in the making, should be interesting.
As for the rest of us. John and I seem to be fighting a bug, valiantly, but fighting nonetheless. We are pretty run down from all the travelling we are doing with basketball and are looking forward to this next few weeks of no travel and getting to stay closer to home. Ryan is living at home again and had his first week of commuting to Portland on Tuesday am and coming home today, I think he stayed at his cousin/best buddy CJ's house. Should be interesting finding out how he liked his new schedule. I had my sister working with me again this week which was nice, of course it was only because she was on "vacation" but it was like "old times" and we had a lot of catching up to do since we hardly ever talk to each other these days. Life goes on....
I haven't taken any pictures, I DO have a video of Aaron making his freethrows at a game from last week. They lost the game but the shots I got of him making his hoops were nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment