The trip to V.C. was great fun and filled with moments that make me smile just thinking of them. 10 and a half hours in a car, each way, creates some very comical moments as well as getting out in strange towns to eat a meal! It was great fun and we had a few times of laughing so hard we cried. (that can happen when one pulls out onto a one way, four lane "street" going the wrong way) The crop that was held, the Fiska Friendzy, was terrific! Angela, one of the lead fiskateers, did a great job of spoiling all of us with lots of free stuff from Fiskars including some pretty cool goodies I plan on playing with soon and making a small scrapbook of our trip. I got a bunch of cards made and a layout I will finish with things I got on the way home and things I had here at home. I'll photograph the goods later and put them on here. Virginia City is a very old mining town set up high in the hills above Reno. In fact, the whole way up this narrow winding road, we kept saying, this can't be right, this can't be right...of course, Kris, true navigator, was confident that we were right, Jodi and I, in the back seat, were trying not to get terrified at the perception of floating on this awful road. (It was PITCH black with only the MANY lights from Reno, way way down below, WAY WAY below and the road wasn't all that visible to us). We were right and we drove into this really cute old cowboy town complete with plank sidewalks and the like. Unfortunately, we didn't really have time to walk around town, not to mention that the climate wasn't all that conducive to walking around outside. We went on a train ride, accompanied by two "lawmen"who, mid ride and with a hangmans platform and noose hanging above on the hill, stopped the train and pulled our Julie off. We all got out, all 100 of us Fiska crazies, and watched, cameras clicking, while Julie was given the honor of Fiskateer of the Year 2008. She was given this MASSIVE pair of scissors with her Fiskars number engraved on them. Then they took her up the hill to hang her...Angela saved her though, with the handy dandy scissors. We reboarded the train, much colder but happy with the stop. Julie, well, she was speechless.
So I am home again, not planning to leave any time in the near or even distant future. I feel like I have been gone so much and I miss my kiddo and my hubby. The place feels empty, even though we are babysitting Jesse (Kales and Bryce's dog) who is currently laying on the loveseat next to Cola who is next to me, but Kaylee isn't next door and neither is our little one. Yesterday Kaylee sent me a picture of her that is hysterical, she is smiling at her mommy, and it is such a great great shot, I had to put it on my phone wallpaper. I gotta figure out how to get it off my phone without costing me a million dollars, I want that pic. I mean it, it is HYSTERICAL. So, for the next nearly 3 weeks I will pray for my kids all not here and miss them something fierce. I miss my Matty, I miss my sissy, I miss my Ry and I miss my lil miss Lucy....
I sent a challenge out to our carload this weekend, so I want to send it out to you, just for fun. I have been doing some study on the wisdom the Lord wants us to have in our lives. It is so fascinating. I mean, how do we get wisdom? How do we keep growing in wisdom? How do we apply it to our lives? WHAT does wisdom LOOK like? Just the practical day to day, lay it out there, rubber to the road, living it out stuff? I challenge you, if you like, to do a little bit of research on the subject and let me know what you find out. In a month, I want to post what has come to me and what I have learned about the wisdom of the Lord. The Word tells us, "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom and knowledge"... I want wisdom and knowledge and of course know that the entire definition of what that looks like and how that can play out in my life is in God's word. So, let me know what you know, what you think, what you find in His word. I want to learn from you, whomever reads this!
Well, I better get on with the living out of my day. Have a great one! Oh yeah, guess I better add some photos from our trip huh?
Okay, so Kris got this idea to lay on the tracks and pretend we were screaming for help. Her comment? What I wouldn't give for a rope and a gag...we will leave it at that but it was pretty funny.
Me, scrappy do-ing! Julie, with her new HUGE scissors...
Being rescued by Angela. I apologize for the pic, I have better ones of this "event" but it is so hard to see them to choose which one that I got this one....I will switch it later, but you get the drift anyway. Funny side note? These "lawmen" had had a little shootout a few moments before this and then popped up off the ground and went on to try and hang her....hmmmmmmm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment